PDA

View Full Version : Duplicating Layers with its Operators

lazzhar
12-31-2004, 06:55 PM
Hi and happy new year to everyone.
There is something bugging me in Combustion for a long time and I'd like if there is a ways to get rid of it.
It's when you duplicate a layer which has some Operators like a Blur or something else, Combustion doesnt make a copy of that operator, instead it uses that first one. And if you want fine tune the duplicated layer you'd fine out that it affects the original. Yes I could switch to Schematic View then unplug and plug connections but I just wished that Combustion doesnt force me to do that everytime I want to duplicate a layer, or at least it offers a real node based way :twisted:

nosepick
12-31-2004, 10:21 PM
Hi and happy new year to you too,

I think youīre mixing 2 questions into 1

Hi and happy new year to everyone.
There is something bugging me in Combustion for a long time and I'd like if there is a ways to get rid of it.
It's when you duplicate a layer which has some Operators like a Blur or something else, Combustion doesnt make a copy of that operator, instead it uses that first one. And if you want fine tune the duplicated layer you'd fine out that it affects the original.
From the manual :

"If you copy a layer in the Workspace panel and then paste it, all of its properties (settings, footage, and any operators) are copied as well. However, if you duplicate a layer using the Duplicate command, the new layer links to the original footage and operators. In other words, the layer instances the operators."

So if you donīt want to instance the operators just copy and paste the desired layers instead of using the duplicate command .

Yes I could switch to Schematic View then unplug and plug connections but I just wished that Combustion doesnt force me to do that everytime I want to duplicate a layer, or at least it offers a real node based way :twisted:You donīt need to plug-unplug, you can use the switcher operator wich does just that, or create a new composite with the 2 layers you want to tune and switch on-off the upper layer to alternate between them.

Good luck!

lazzhar
01-01-2005, 10:50 AM
That's it. The troubles started when I thought I'm smart enough to use the shortucts crtl+Alt+ D to duplicate layers. Before I was using Copy/Paste and it was working.

Thank you very much.

CGTalk Moderation
01-20-2006, 07:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.