PDA

View Full Version : need help! i need a Critique on my showreel ASAP

bigdonkey
12-30-2004, 02:54 PM
hi there everyone,

I could really use a bit of help! my contract has just finished so im in need of work. And as my reel is now almost a year old it needs sprucing up a bit. I am currently in the process of re-editing my showreel, I have been told by a number of people that it needs to be quicker in pace.. I was wondering if you could give me sum suggestions and ideas on how I should edit the reel again..

link to my http://www.deecee.tv/images/2_3d_gallery/showreel-to-show.avi
its 30meg so it may take a while to download, sorry in advance for it taking ages!
also you need divx to run it..

any help will be greatly aprecieated..

thank you for you time

Kimotion
12-30-2004, 08:50 PM
Sorry, it's not working on my end. I get a message stating that Quicktime component is missing or something like that. however I'm able to watch quicktime files on other people's web pages. Why? I dunno.

-Jeff

bigdonkey
12-31-2004, 10:26 AM
hi there kimotion

im not sure why the link isnt working for you, it seems ok for me, perhaps if you right click and save to your pc it may work then?

you need the divx codec to run it tho..

thank you for trying tho .. cheers for your time mate:)

Dearmad
01-02-2005, 08:03 AM
d/led and no image shows up- sound came through.

I think it's corrupt.

Too bad, I wanted to see it. :bounce:

rickmann
01-03-2005, 05:31 AM
worked for me! I liked it but I just thought it was a little to long. After half way through I just said forget it! One last thing, I would probaly loose that tumor looking thing on the body builder. It seemed distracting.

C-ya
Rick

Bentagon
01-03-2005, 10:08 PM
Definitly too slow. It doesn't start too great eather, because the bodybuilder isn't moving much in the beginning. I wasn't interested anymore after 45 sec. Maybe it's the music, but I'd definitly speed it up a bit...

- Bentagon

CGTalk Moderation
01-20-2006, 07:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.