PDA

View Full Version : Blender sites going down

Apollux
12-30-2004, 12:12 PM
It may be a coincidence, but lately the Blender related web sites has been going down in the most unusual way.

First it was Yafray.org that was hacked and all the forums were erased

then Blenderman.org was down

right now Elysiun.com is down

Blender.org, Blender3d.com and Blender3d.org are also all down (these ones are all hosted on the same server I believe).

Conspiracy?

Hmm.. I know that some community members when out to promote the launch ot 2.36 on various news sites, could it be that backfiring?

harkyman
12-30-2004, 12:26 PM
Just checked. elYsiun, blender3d and .org are all up. Possibilities: local problem for you; their common hosting service experienced a momentary hiccup. As for Blenderman.org, I thought they were offline because they couldn't handle the massive amount of traffic they were getting. They got too popular too fast without the resources to keep up. The yafray forums - were they deliberately hacked? I know that phpBB recently had an exploit surface - if they're using that, perhaps that forgot to patch it up and got hit with one of the thousands of roboslave machine on the net that are hitting my servers every day looking for just such vulnerabilities.

And if it is a coordinated attack, I'd think it would be someone with a grudge. Someone who was slighted before, maybe cast off, and has since acquired new technical skillz and come back for vengeance. I blame Syndrome (or maybe Cubefan).

CDI3D
12-30-2004, 12:35 PM
As of right now 7:34 am Eastern US time, Im unable to reach the MH website at Dedalo.

LetterRip
12-30-2004, 12:42 PM
Works fine for me, and I'm posting only a few minutes after you did...

probably a issue with your local provider...

LetterRip

CDI3D
12-30-2004, 12:45 PM
And now its there. :shrug:

Tom: Yah. Or something!

CGTalk Moderation
01-20-2006, 07:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.