PDA

View Full Version : Flash VR question

kcurtis
12-30-2004, 09:35 AM
I know this isnt the forum to post this in but more people come here than some of the others...I would like to be able to do this but havent quite figured it out yet...

take a look.. it would be useful for a few models of mine. (you need flash player to view this)

here the link to the site...
http://cggallery.com/

go to the 3d gallery and go to the bottom of the page where it says Flash-VR Rotator and click on the picture.

I would like to do this but I am not quite sure how.. Anyone know how?

I have looked everywhere on the internet and even emailed the guy who did this personally but no answer.
If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated..

Thanks...

RockinAkin
12-30-2004, 07:28 PM
Hahaha, its kinda funny I ran across this post...
My computer died on me two weeks ago, so I haven't been able to check my email since then to be able to reply to you, sorry about that.

Heres how I made that Flash VR rotator:

- I rendered out 30 frames of the model rotating 360 degrees from 3ds max (linear interpolation).
- Brought them into the flash timeline and placed each frame onto the timeline sequentially.
- ActionScripted the buttons in Flash to advance forwards and backwards through the timeline, either one-by-one using the arrow buttons, or rapidly using the circular buttons.

I'm not sure what the exact code is that I actionscripted in flash off the top of my head, my files are all backed up on CD's right now and I'm still trying to recover everything, but I can tell you that it was all very basic, simple coding: "Play", "Stop", "NextFrame", "Goto" commands - I'm pretty much a very basic flash user.

I hope this helps, I'll try to give you more info when I get my computer back online.

kcurtis
12-30-2004, 09:02 PM
How funny... I agree..

Thanks, I appreciate the help. I hope to hear more when you get your computer back up..
I could really use this for a few models of mine that I am finishing up.

BTW, Cool stuff you got on your site..

Thanks again!!!

kcurtis
01-08-2005, 12:08 AM
Well I tried it...
It wasnt as easy as it sounded...lol
At least not too me..
I had to tear apart your flash VR to see what the heck I was doing. And I still dont knw how I got it to work...LOL

It took me forever to make it work...

hope this link works...
Let me know what you think..
Sorry I used your pics for the arrows and all. I jsut wanted to know if I could make this work at all. I am not a flash person. But I think its time I learned a little bit at least. Thanks....

Its an old character.. but I used here cuz I already had her rendered out and didnt want to render out another new one for this test...

Thanks..

Ayreana (http://www.digitalcurtis.com/FlashVR/Ayreana.html)

CGTalk Moderation
01-20-2006, 08:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.