PDA

View Full Version : callbacks : preRender

galagast
12-30-2004, 08:02 AM
im having this minor problem about rendering...
I made this script that would pop-up a summary of settings before sending a job for netrendering... the pop-up is a querybox which would also ask if u wud like to continue rendering or not, my question is...
Is ther a way to cancel the rendering if i press the "NO" button?..
all ive found on the help is the "cancel" and "close" for the rendering dialog, but its a different window... :)

galagast
12-30-2004, 10:18 PM
hmm.. escapeenable seems fitting but it wud only work if they press escape...

i stumbled upon this command, which sounds like it wud do what i want it to do, but it does nothing so far...

max fullinteract

in the help file, it says "no operation"... does this mean that its a command that does nothing?

galagast
01-03-2005, 09:13 AM
pls dont mind the second post, I was just so eager to find a solution that every word a found on the help file was overly/vaguely interpreted. :)
my next question is, in relation to the first one is...
Is ther any way to hold or temporarily stop/pause a process in max?

here's what im trying to do...
- I send a Callback preRender
- It shud run a script before the rendering starts, holding every other processes.
- Then it wud continue aster a specific button press, or if the dialog is closed.
- The Script is not a message/query dialog
- Although, if there's a solution for my first question, I myt go for the message/query dialog.

I've attached the current script. I'm using it for Vray. Hopefully, it will help us in here (at the office) not to forget some settings when we're sending jobs on the network.

I hope to hear any suggestions and comments!

Bobo
01-03-2005, 10:04 AM
my next question is, in relation to the first one is...
Is ther any way to hold or temporarily stop/pause a process in max?

Sure.

Just add the optional keyword MODAL:TRUE to your CREATEDIALOG function call.
This will open a modal dialog that will block the complete MAX operation (you will not be able to click anywhere in the Max UI until you close the modal dialog!)

galagast
01-03-2005, 10:29 AM
Holy Macroscript!!! it works!! you're really a life saver bobo!!

I learned something here, of all the places that i was looking for, it was there at the "createdialog" section all the time and I just didnt bother reading it! thinking that it was some other kind of function! aww man.. I thought I was gonna lose it. thnx again BOBO!

CGTalk Moderation
01-20-2006, 07:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.