PDA

View Full Version : Motörhead Warpig - Animation

wayfaerer
12-29-2004, 07:20 PM
Here's a simple animation of my Warpig-Model (http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=174712). I'm quite new to animations, so this is just a start ;)

Warpig01.mov (http://www.actual-fantasy.com/kino/film/wip/Warpig01.mov)

The file is about 1 Megabyte and in Quicktime MPEG-4 format.

rickmann
01-05-2005, 05:36 AM
hey wayfaerer, I like the model but I think you need more animation, like the jaw moving or something, it was kinda of dark and quick so i couldn't really tell if it was moving.

c-ya
rick

wayfaerer
01-06-2005, 04:47 PM
Thank you! Actually, the jaw is moving but it is hard to see because the head at the same time bows forward. Furthermore the jaw can't make much way for it's already half open because of the tusks. Don't know how this thing eats anyway ;)

I've got a bigger version here: Warpig01Big.mov (http://www.actual-fantasy.com/kino/film/wip/Warpig01Big.mov)
It's about 2 Megabyte size.

mike_t_3d
01-06-2005, 04:55 PM
Hey Wayfaerer, yeah nice model. I could see the jaw move a bit but i'd like to see it realy open up and come slamming shut again. I imagine somthing like the head of the cave troll from the first lord of the rings film, where the mouths open wide and the beast is roaring and the cheeks wobble etc. Perhaps you could animate the head tilting up aswell instead of down, think of a wolf when it howls! Keep going with it mate.

Notlaw
01-08-2005, 06:24 AM
I dig the chain animation did you set keys? Or bake a sumulation?
N

iron fist

wayfaerer
01-08-2005, 09:34 PM
Great idea with the cave troll! I'll check it out for reference. I also thought about moving the head like the lion in this metro goldwyn mayer - trailer.
The chains where definitely the biggest problem ;) The chain on the right that hangs down was animated with inverse kinematic so that each link is the child of the link above and the pivot point is there where the links come together. The ring on the low end is moved through an inverse kinematic tag and moves the upper links with it.
The chain that hangs from the tusks is quite similar. The problem was that I wanted the outer links to stick to the rings when I move the link in the middle of the chain. My final solution was that I made the link in the middle the parent object with two childs: the links to it's right and the links to it's left. On the outer links I put an inverse kinematic tag with the rings as target (more precise a null object that was on the position where the link touches the ring). When I now move the parent link, the outer links stay at the rings, at least until the distance becomes to large wich is the biggest problem that remains here. I gave the parent link an anchor tag so that I can even move the targets for the outer links wich then slide along the rings. I hope this was somewhat understandable :)
It would be quite interesting how this could be done with Maxon's Dynamics module. Perhaps I'll try it with the evaluation version...

CGTalk Moderation
01-20-2006, 07:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.