PDA

View Full Version : I am the first hahahahaha

SheepFactory
12-18-2001, 04:22 AM
Boy nobody uses after effects? What a shame its such a great software:D

sigma
12-18-2001, 04:30 AM
lol, i was waiting for someone to start it. I love After Effects.
haha and i love your avatar, sheep. :D

Leonard
12-18-2001, 05:14 AM
In our recent industry survey, over 51% of CG Channel readers use After Effects....

So start chattin!

SheepFactory
12-18-2001, 03:34 PM
Oh yeah.

hmm lets make a quick survey :

What do you guys think about the particle playground in after effects?

i havent had the time to explore it a lot but is it capable of great effects?

love to hear some of your ideas.

A|i

mind
12-18-2001, 04:10 PM
Avid|DS, Inferno, Shake,... they are great, but I can't live without After Effects in my desktop. The are many things which could be improved but still...I can't live without it, it's like Photoshop (which is also imperative) for motion graphics and all my compositing tests are done on it. Personally I think the particle playground feature sucks. My justification is that I don't need it having Maya along side, Inferno's particle featute is much better for simple particle effects and I say it sucks also because I have used it before Inferno and there's no comparison.
I guess I like after cause it's just there on the desktop, just a click and you can quickly test any composite and even finish final composites... specially personal projects at home where you can't afford a million dolar system.
It's a real desktop system at a professional level,...I would dare to say industrial though.
Thanks Adobe, you people rock!

joe_snow_jr
01-09-2002, 05:57 PM
i work at a private television network and i use AE at least 3-4 hours per day, and to be honest i cant think of anything i would rather use for the things it can do.

i also use max, and we have an SI guy here but we all have the AE bug in common. withthe release of the new 5.5 with the advanced 3d engine i can see that we will be getting more and more things done quicker and better than we have before and that we will be using it more and more as time moves on.

just my $43.88

joe

trancemitter
01-16-2002, 04:19 PM
Love it! Just got 5.5 in, and it's amazing! I don't think much of the so-called 3D. But that's probably because i have Maya and LightWave.

Haven't used Particle playground. But i hear it's pretty cool.

my 2 cents.

joe_snow_jr
01-16-2002, 05:12 PM
welll,
let us know all about it you the fisrt to get it i wanna know how it is....

trancemitter
01-16-2002, 06:27 PM
Well, first of all, EXPRESSIONS!

They aren't like expressions in LW, or Messiah. They are really easy!!! It's all Drag-&-Drop.

It's a lot like Maya's "Set Driven Key". You tell AE what channel, i.e. Opacity, size, etc. you want to be affected, then add the expression modifier to it. Then drag the little "yoyo" to whatever channel you want it to follow, i.e. opacity, size, etc. It's alot like parenting. Only on individual channels.

That's all i know about Expressions so far. Although i'm sure that you can do some pretty cool stuff with them.

Second, OSX. It's fully native. I'll tell you what. It runs like a dream!

But, i haven't really had a chance to play with it yet. It came two days ago, and i'm in the middle of some projects.

2 cents C.O.D.

parallax
01-22-2002, 12:23 PM
you gotta love AE :D :D
Pitty though it doesn't run real-time on a RT2000 :(

stupido
02-06-2002, 06:32 AM
Hehehehehehe.

Sono studente. Me discover after effects. It allow me to make my short film just the way I wanted. Me happy. Me tired from making my film just the way i want. Need sleep. Go to sleep. ah theres my bed. Go to bed.

Argh.
Soryr......
ciao dudes

trancemitter
02-06-2002, 03:48 PM
Does anything run real-time on the RT2G? My experience with anything Matrox makes besides video cards has been, well, less than impressive.

Just my two cents, C.O.D. :D

fxgogo
02-11-2002, 04:28 PM
I just read an article about the new plug-in pack for the RT 2000 and RT 2500. It does some stuff in Premiere, but the big thing is it allows real time updates on an external monitor in AE. That is brilliant. It does cost about $80 I think.

jazzthief
03-12-2002, 08:47 AM
After Effects is bread -n- butter when it comes to compositing even for pre-comp. But that damn render needs to speed up its driving me nutz! Anywayz, I like to comp in AFX and finish the sweetening in Avid DS.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 01:26 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.