PDA

View Full Version : Cloud Strife - Final Fantasy (WIP)

niva
12-29-2004, 07:57 AM
Fairly simple, I started working on coloring this one in Photoshop and put about an hour into it. Just like before, original was hand drawn. I have more work on this one that I intend to do such as the shoulder pad, textures on the whole suit and for the love of god I'll take suggestions for a background... if someone else wants to take a stab at it feel free.

http://e7.shanky.com/images/cloud2_color.jpg

Thanks for the comments.

niva
12-30-2004, 11:30 PM
Final image uploaded, old one deleted. No feedback, this must be great :)

hpslashluvr
12-31-2004, 01:41 AM
i wouldn't worry too much about it, we're mostly a 3d community at heart when replying ;)

you probably need a bg to make the pic stand out better

niva
12-31-2004, 05:32 AM
Thanks for the suggestion on the background... I struggled with the idea of what to put in the background (as I said in my original post) but decided not to bother with it because my primary goal was coloring the work itself. I'll have other pieces to play with environments and etc, like this one... which is on a related FF theme. I'll keep posting on this thread since I may get more comments on the above work.

Oh, the original for the above work can be seen at the following URL:
http://e7.shanky.com/files/cloud.htm

Ok, now with the new work. I'm not done with the actual drawing but I'd like to take some suggestions because for some reason something doesn't feel quite right about it and I'm not sure what. Let me know what you think folks.

http://e7.shanky.com/images/terra_mog.jpg

hpslashluvr
12-31-2004, 05:52 AM
you have an interesting style going on there, a little too much smudging in some places, but still cool

when you become famous, be sure to cite me as your first fan :thumbsup: haha jk

i assume you're purposely skewing the proportions, but like i said watch the smudging

Goliath
12-31-2004, 10:50 AM
well it's hard to crit on this because you bring your own style in the ff7 style, you make them look like villains :twisted: (i.e. the vain on cloud's inner arm, and the "spiky" mogg instead of a "fluffy cute" one :p )
else i think maybe it doesn't seem like the girl is looking at the mogg thing, maybe try change her head's angle, or just her eyes

Swoop
12-31-2004, 01:32 PM
Well personal opinion i cant say i care much for the skewed proportions you have used in both drawings. Make them seems evil, and somehow flat imho. Also seems like the girl is looking not at the enemy, but off the page. Try turning her head, and also her eyes seem a little off. Finally i dislike the fact that her left foot is behind some rock formation.. makes it seem like her foot is actually far away.. like they are on the edge off a cliff, and her foot is going over the edge...

niva
12-31-2004, 04:09 PM
Good suggestion about her head, I'll work on that. I'll erase the eye and move it slightly forward, change the angle of her cheek and move the mouth as well... also the angle of her hair around her face perhaps causes this illusion not to work well right now. Very good catch.

The moogle will have more work done on it digitally, she's actually smiling at him. He's supposed to look enthusiastic not mean so I suppose I'll have to figure out how to fix that. Actually the clawed fingers caused people who saw the work in progress say that he looks mean now...

They are sitting on the edge of a cliff though, inside a mine, the far away leg will have more detail on it with the top of the boot but I'm fairly happy with that one.
Cloud looks mean eh? He's a soldier guy with an ugly-big sword, he is supposed to be mean regardless of how many girls drop their panties for him. :wise:

niva
01-09-2005, 01:01 AM
Here is the redrawn version of this scene, I'm really happy with it right now. Let me know what you guys think please...

http://e7.shanky.com/images/mog_magic.jpg

Ognus
01-09-2005, 02:30 AM
your style is developing before our very eyes! keep it up.

ajay1589
01-09-2005, 03:01 AM
the hair is a great improvement....are you adding color to this?

niva
01-12-2005, 04:18 AM
I'm going to add color to this, but I haven't had the time to do much yet. Thanks for the comments, I had to change the hair out after looking at some of the game art. I think some of the shading can still use some work but it's one of my best.

I've been working on putting up some more of my drawings on my website. I have to scan a few more in the next few days still, then I still have to finish the Gremlin Superhero before I begin coloring this one.

niva
01-16-2005, 04:32 PM
I made this piece after folks saw my other Mog and wanted more. Hope you guys like it. I should start coloring the above artwork sometime next week and I'll post more here.

http://e7.shanky.com/images/mog2.jpg

CGTalk Moderation
01-20-2006, 07:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.