PDA

View Full Version : Portrait

Jbsniff
12-29-2004, 04:37 AM
I'm doing a portrait of my girlfriend. What do you think?
http://river.asap.um.maine.edu/%7Ebolduc/pictures/whitney06.jpg

jojotaro
12-30-2004, 02:38 AM
U mean your gf,or your portrait?aha,joking~they're both nice,keep going!

Jbsniff
12-30-2004, 06:20 AM
here's an update.
http://river.asap.um.maine.edu/~bolduc/pictures/whitney08.jpg

bkboggy
12-30-2004, 06:29 AM
Something about the eyes is not right.. I'm not sure what... Other than that it's pretty good.

Boggy

ajay1589
12-30-2004, 06:36 PM
the eye on the right is too far up...and she also has bigger breasts in the picture :D

jojotaro
12-30-2004, 08:04 PM
Hey,if u want give this portrait to your girl,I think,you should make the arms(particularly the right one)much slimmer.Your girl will love it,trust me!

Jbsniff
12-30-2004, 08:06 PM
which arm? my right or her right? Oh and yeah this is a christmas present for her.

Ilikesoup
12-30-2004, 09:25 PM
Her left arm looks better in your original post. The shading you added suggests some odd musculature. Also, her right arm is thinner and her shoulder more angular than you've drawn it. Nice job so far, though. I'm sure she'll love it.

Jbsniff
12-30-2004, 09:28 PM
Ilikesoup: I agree with you there, that was just an area that got away from me and I havn't taken the time yet to fix it. You're right about her right arm too, I'm fixing it right now :)

Thanks for the crits

jojotaro
12-30-2004, 10:00 PM
Yeah,what I mentioned was her right arm.That's not critic,but suggestion only.You are doing things I've done to my ex-girlfriend!Remember,you are not showing how perfect you can draw,but how deep you love her and how much you care about!That's a great idea.Again,keep going,man!

Jbsniff
01-06-2005, 06:12 PM
After a brief moment of silence, the artist displayed his recent progress.
In other words. . . here's an update :D

http://river.asap.um.maine.edu/%7Ebolduc/pictures/whitney10.jpg

Jbsniff
01-07-2005, 02:23 AM
here's another update it's about 90-95% done now.

http://river.asap.um.maine.edu/%7Ebolduc/pictures/whitney11.jpg

captain chapo
01-07-2005, 08:26 AM
her lower eyelids....they are too puffy or something, they look too tall too, like making the eye look really big under the skin. her hair needs to be finished/refined. great piece though!

Jbsniff
01-15-2005, 12:59 AM
Thanks for all the crits guys.
Here's an update. . .
I gave her the picture and she liked it, she didn't really say much though because right after she broke up with me. There's no decency anymore.

Just to change the subject for a bit, and I don't want this to go on for too long cause this an art thread but tell me what you think.

She went home for Christmas vacation so I didn't get to see her for three weeks. Before vacation she was crazy about me. When she got back however, she wanted to end it. Does this sound right to you?

jimiyo
01-15-2005, 09:05 AM
wow, thats whack dude. sounds like a flighty young girl to me pal.

best advice is move on and forget about her, keep drawing, get really good, create a website of your work, and enjoy it when your old bitties write to you expressing their heartfelt love for you. chicks dig dudes with talent. and if you have a website, its that annoying site that they are drawn to visit ever so often, hopefully making them idealize/romanticize, but most importantly regret... provided you continute to get better and kick arse. or thats what i like to think... about my old bitties.

besides that, i like to use tissue paper, and smudge sticks when doing graphite portraits. id recommend usin em. they help greatly. kneaded erasers are good too.

with every portrait you do, you will see improvement. keep on.

Jbsniff
01-15-2005, 06:17 PM
ha ha ha, I'm not sure I understood everything you said but thanks anyways for the kind remarks. And I will indeed keep drawing, expect to see more pieces soon. Thanks.

CGTalk Moderation
01-20-2006, 08:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.