PDA

View Full Version : blend shape correction

twilighten
12-29-2004, 04:17 AM
Hi,

1) I have done a "a", "o", "u" in combo create a desired effect in singing. I find that the result is not as desired. A normal a, o, u should give only that blend shape that it has been designed for. However, I find it gives me what I did not do in blend shape.

One thing I have done is, I created blends for the head on scale 1,1,1 and applied the result on scale more thatn 1,1,1.

2) I find that changing the blend for eye brows (created with lattice) affects the blend in the mouth.

Am i doing it properly, if not where am I going wrong.

BRgds,

twilighten

djx
01-05-2005, 02:24 PM
The scaling of the resulting blendshape doesnt matter, unless you froze the transforms at some stage.

It takes a bit of practice to get facial blendshapes all working nicely together. If the eye-brow blendshapes are affecting the mouth, then you may have some modelling issues. You must always start with the original neutral shape when creating new target shapes.

For mouth shapes, I prefer to model shapes that are based on how the muscles in the face work, rather than modeling the various phoenemes as you have done. The trouble with doing an 'a' and then and 'o' is that they tend to combine badly when you use them together, which limits how you can use them and makes your transitions look wrong. If you study a diagram of the face muscles and model shapes based on the main ones (there are about 6 important ones, and while not essential, having left and right controls can be an advantage, depending on how complex you want to get), then you can still make an 'a' or an 'o' shape using a combination of the different muscles. You can set key-frames for the various phoenemes then cut and paste them when lip-syncing (or better still, make some simple mel-scripts on a shelf to set them).

twilighten
01-06-2005, 04:50 AM
djx, and everybody, thank you for the reply that i got. timely and helpful

CGTalk Moderation
01-20-2006, 08:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.