PDA

View Full Version : First animation attempt...

lhvio89
12-29-2004, 02:34 AM
I just got A:M for Xmas, and this is my first (well ok, second) animation attempt (it is one of the tutorials.)

Comments/crits are welcomed!

Thanks,
Logan H.

www.coldshot3d.com/hash/animations/rabbit_walk/RabbitCycle.avi (http://www.coldshot3d.com/hash/animations/rabbit_walk/RabbitCycle.avi) (This is the walk cycle from the front.)

www.coldshot3d.com/hash/animations/rabbit_walk/RabbitWalk.avi (http://www.coldshot3d.com/hash/animations/rabbit_walk/RabbitWalk.avi) (This is the rabbit walking along a path using the above cycle)

FireEyeC
12-30-2004, 04:30 AM
I still use A:M some too, its awesome. Good first animation!

lhvio89
12-30-2004, 04:33 AM
Thanks FireEyeC! Yea, A:M is a great piece of software!

Anyone else care to comment/crit?

Thanks,
Logan H.

FireEyeC
12-30-2004, 04:58 AM
Well if your looking for CC then I would make sure no body parts go through other body parts for one :thumbsup: , otherwise for your first its actually really good. Keep it up

lhvio89
12-30-2004, 03:21 PM
Yea, I realized after rendering it that the rabbit's hands did go through his legs....won't take too much to fix though...

Logan H.

Kimotion
12-30-2004, 09:02 PM
WOW...awesome first attempt. I would HATE to show MY first attempt. It's locked in my pc somewhere with a 3-password protection.

Anyway, your second walk can use some more head rotations. Remember that everyone looks where they are going (supposedly), so as the rabbit turns, his head should turn in the direction first. Eyes first, followed by the head, and then rest of the body (which is next, torso or pelvis? Depends on the type of character).

And I think you know that the wrists need to be toned down. And try overlapping the fingers...it may or may now work.

Good luck!

-Jeff

lhvio89
12-31-2004, 01:44 AM
Thanks Jeff! I will keep your suggestions in mind as I keep working on this animation...

~Logan

CGTalk Moderation
01-20-2006, 07:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.