PDA

View Full Version : PA Challenge - Vehicle - ApocX

ApocX
02-08-2002, 02:25 PM
Never modeled any kind of a vehicle before (what a shock). And I figured I'd take a break from landscape stuff. So here you go:

http://www.apocx.com/snowspeeder.jpg

Essentially it's a big suped up snowmobile made from a bit of a dune buggy (roll bars / cage), mig engine, large skis (that look like tongues depressors...they're going to change). Overall I'd say it has a bit of a Star Wars look to it. And yeah, the big red things on the back are the fuel tanks.

Might continue on with the design...might just punt it. Whatever.

Marc Andreoli
02-08-2002, 11:55 PM
the front view looks really cool !
I think you should work a little bit on the proportions of the different elements. I'd reduce the size of the fuel tanks and make the gun bigger (put a little bit more weight to the front).

The cockpit looks a bit too 'massive' IMHO, and seems to just sit there. Adding more detail (the rest of the vehicle is very detailed) might help.

Oh, and I'd add some brackets on those tanks, you don't want to lose them in action ;)

-marc

P.S: one last thing, how about making the side skis a bit shorter, they probably should not overlap with the front ski...

ApocX
02-11-2002, 10:57 AM
Update...made a few tweaks, added a bunch of stuff. See for yourself...

http://www.apocx.com/snowspeeder2.jpg

Oh yeah, the little thing off to the side is going to be a shielded place where a gunner can hang out (I was debating on whether to make them solar panels actually, seeing as it should run on alternative power, but not much sun in a post apocalyptic world)

Adam Klein
02-11-2002, 11:48 AM
First vehicle!! very nice, I like the design a lot, that little gun pod'll be cool, what if it had its own skiis and a lil' engine of its own, and it could detatch, that would be schweeet. :) good luck, it's lookin' great

AK

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 01:39 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.