PDA

View Full Version : Stephen Kings Eyes of the Dragon to be animated

Wilson-3d
12-28-2004, 05:59 PM
Not much info on it at all but I am sure I am not the only Stephen King fan around here. I have been wondering when this one would come around to being made into a movie. I hope it turns out to be a great animation but I think it will be a while.

Eyes of the Dragon: Currently in production. The story has been optioned by a French production company (WAMC Entertainment). This will be an animated feature and there is no release date set.

link (http://www.stephenking.com/pages/faq/future.php)

RobertoOrtiz
12-28-2004, 07:42 PM
This is awesome news.

I am a huge man of the King.
I only wish someone would do an animated series of
the Dark Tower books.

-R

Unled
12-28-2004, 08:15 PM
Whoa this is unexpected news. It's been a long time since I read it but I remember it being strange and perverted and not really your usual animated fare.

I for one am all for it.

opus13
12-28-2004, 08:30 PM
eyes of the dragon was my favorite king book. ive kind of grown away from his style, but i will always remember that one :)

lets just hope that it follows the story closer than 'the lawnmower man'

... damn. theres no :barf: icon.

Frank Lake
12-29-2004, 12:20 AM
NOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooo! :argh:

That story just does not fit well with animation. I really do not want to see a blended version of Shrek and Polar Express.

Slurry
12-29-2004, 12:35 AM
Wasn't there a thread here a few months ago about Genndy Tartakovsky tackling Roland and the Drak Tower series?

Was that simply a rumour?

Art

This is awesome news.

I am a huge man of the King.
I only wish someone would do an animated series of
the Dark Tower books.

-R

DaJuice
12-29-2004, 06:49 PM
Another King fan here, just finished DT5. :)
I do find Eyes of the Dragon a weird choice though.

yog
12-29-2004, 08:43 PM
Considering how many other books were made reference to in the Dark Tower, that was one Stephen King book that I was surprised didn't get a mention.

Memory's a little hazy, but in Eye's of the Dragon, didn't the two lads set of chasing the evil wizard, the one that came across sounding very much like Flagg ?

YankyBJeans
12-29-2004, 11:15 PM
Memory's a little hazy, but in Eye's of the Dragon, didn't the two lads set of chasing the evil wizard, the one that came across sounding very much like Flagg ?
The wizards name was Flagg in the Eyes of the Dragon. Thats half the awesomeness of the world Stephen King weaves though, because it seems that most of his books tie into each other and give you a glimpse of a larger picture.

Eyes of the Dragon isnt as far out as the Dark Tower series so I can understand why they are doing it in movie form. They like to dumb down things for the movie audience. Hope it turns out good as it was a good book.

Yanky

thematt
12-30-2004, 03:58 PM
mmm..so the news came out..already.

that's weird, but I guess that's a deliberate choice.Wish I could tell you more of what i know but I can't.I'm on NDA on that but probably later.

I can still tell you it's very promising and everybody will be happy !!! like someone said not your tipical animated trip.

cheers

leyfer
12-31-2004, 12:07 AM
I'm a huge Stephen King fan, and the Dark Tower series was amazing. If there is someone out there making that movie as Slurry says, I'm definitely going to watch it.

Gregwid
12-31-2004, 09:34 AM
Count me in too.Great news.:thumbsup:

slaughters
01-01-2005, 04:04 AM
Makes sense. If I'm remembering correctly it has a pretty straight forward (and short) plot line. Much easier to make an animated film out of this than any of his other stories (except for some of his shorts)

CGTalk Moderation
01-20-2006, 03:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.