PDA

View Full Version : DAZ Prods. Announces Call for 'Virtual Beauty Queens'

RobertoOrtiz
12-28-2004, 02:11 PM
Quote:
"Move over Naomi Campbell, digital beauty divas are here to stay. DAZ Prods., a technology leader in high-quality digital 3D models, is teaming up with the Miss Digital World Contest to invite 3D artists from around the world -- professional and amateur alike -- to create and submit their perfect digital woman to the second annual Miss Digital World Contest. Entries and information about the contest can be found at www.missdigitalworld.com.""
>>Link<< (http://news.awn.com/index.php?ltype=top&newsitem_no=12723)

-R

mushroomgod
12-28-2004, 02:27 PM
Quote:
"Move over Naomi Campbell, digital beauty divas are here to stay. DAZ Prods., a technology leader in high-quality digital 3D models, is teaming up with the Miss Digital World Contest to invite 3D artists from around the world -- professional and amateur alike -- to create and submit their perfect digital woman to the second annual Miss Digital World Contest. Entries and information about the contest can be found at www.missdigitalworld.com.""
>>Link<< (http://news.awn.com/index.php?ltype=top&newsitem_no=12723)

-R
whats the point?

judging from this years miss digital world, the worst poser-like model will win anyway.

Para
12-28-2004, 02:44 PM
whats the point?

judging from this years miss digital world, the worst poser-like model will win anyway.

Or maybe someone over at Daz was so unpleased with that fiasco that he decided to make things good again by arranging a competition of his own?

LetterRip
12-28-2004, 02:47 PM
The whole point is fairly obvious if you read the article, it is to sell special 'bundles' of Victoria 3.0 (for the low low price of 100-150$) and to promote their posing/modeling environment alternative to Poser.

LetterRip

Tirjasdyn
12-28-2004, 06:43 PM
Sigh...Well if you enter..

Then vote

and get others to vote

maybe someone else will win.

Why whine about it if you are not going to bother.

Ollarin
12-30-2004, 10:41 AM
Oh well. I hope they pick a worthy model this time. :D

dotTom
12-30-2004, 11:16 AM
whats the point?

Yeah, I've been wondering about this? How on earth did the model that won win? It makes no sense, I mean no disrespect to the artist responsible, but it seemed to me other entries where of a much higher standard (in lots of ways, composition, texturing, mesh etc). I just can't figure it out.

LetterRip
12-30-2004, 11:18 AM
If you look at the other thread there is a suggestion that it was due to fraud.

LetterRip

CGTalk Moderation
01-20-2006, 07:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.