PDA

View Full Version : Halo 2.5 for Xbox 2

RobertoOrtiz
12-27-2004, 08:06 PM
Quote:
"Halo 2.5 will be an Xbox 2 launch title and is going to run in HDTV resolution with new, improved textures and graphical effects. All the stuff that people expected from Halo 2 but didn't make the cut will be there."

>>Link<< (http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/575/575792p1.html?fromint=1)

-R

lanedaughtry
12-27-2004, 08:12 PM
Like an ending...

:D

-L

kex
12-27-2004, 08:55 PM
gravity gun :P

VectorWrecktar
12-27-2004, 09:20 PM
lol gravity gun......thats a good one infact i think they should have that in every fps.

caco
12-27-2004, 09:35 PM
HA!!! I knew there was a reason why I didn't run out and buy this game. I'm big on HD, and am very disappointed with lack of HD support in current games. Now, I will just wait until XBOX 2 rolls around to pick this title up.

cheers,

CaCo

ps. Yes, gravity gun would be nice :p

Hugh-Jass
12-27-2004, 09:42 PM
I don't know about you ...but Halo 1 drove people to buy the xbox

Everyone that has an xbox most likely just bought the sequel

would you shell out money for new hardware and the same game you just bought?

this reminds me of that starwars re-release with the "extra footage".

It scares me a little that for all the product launch planning, that they aren't going to do an all out sequel.

Not a very appetizing carrot a the end of the stick for a new console purchase...MS has to have a killer portfolio for the xbox2

bentllama
12-27-2004, 09:51 PM
until you hear the official word from BUNGIE themselves, it is all just heresay...

www.bungie.net (http://www.bungie.net)

titaniumdave
12-27-2004, 10:06 PM
I don't know about you ...but Halo 1 drove people to buy the xbox

Everyone that has an xbox most likely just bought the sequel

would you shell out money for new hardware and the same game you just bought?

Halo 1 drove xbox sells because it was one of the only games out there and people liked it for whatever reason. Seeing as I couldn't be bothered to spend money on the second one (got it as a gift) theres no way I'd spend money for hardware to play it or really any other game.

mikecarry
12-27-2004, 10:08 PM
If I buy an Xbox 2, it won't be for a game I already wasted $70 on.

Hazdaz
12-27-2004, 10:17 PM
Yea, I don't believe anything - even if Bungie says it - until its sitting on the store shelves.

Also, isn't HALO 2 HDTV compatible already? I can't find my case to check it out (and I unfortunately don't have a HDTV either :( )

Anyways, it just doesn't make any sense to just "re-release" a game only with better graphics on a brand new console. Espesially when tha game was responsible for selling so many X-Boxes to begin with... if word comes out that HALO 2.5 is nothing special (besides the graphics), then that could spell really bad news for the entire XB2 launch. If this was just any other "regular" game it might not be a big deal, but HALO is much more than just an average game - its really the posterboy for the XB franchise.

Pixarman
12-27-2004, 10:20 PM
I wonder if the new Xbox is going to be coming this year...guess maybe Gates will say something in a few days if it is or not.

What I'm hoping to get is some downloadable content soon. :)
I would love to get some more maps in play....

Pixarman

Para
12-27-2004, 10:40 PM
until you hear the official word from BUNGIE themselves, it is all just heresay...

www.bungie.net (http://www.bungie.net)

Hehe, true that. I haven't even heard any official words about X-Box 2 either :)

heavyness
12-28-2004, 02:59 AM
sounds like BS to me. i don't think a point release is what bungie is all about. if this is so, most people will stay on their xbox1 playing halo 2 online [that's where the real game is]. look at Counter Strike, people didn't upgrade to another FPS for better graphics. and who cares what resolution the game is at? how many people have HDTV?

i'm sure they are working on Halo 3 for Xbox 2, it only makes sense. Halo 1 was THE launch game for Xbox 1, Halo 3 will be for 2. anything else wouldn't sit right with the Halo fans.

Stonepilot
12-28-2004, 04:41 AM
I bought halo2 the day it came out. And it was a fun game and multiplayer is fun also. I'm just not going to shell out more cash for the same experience game play wise. I think its good for what it is. But quit milking the cow. Plus I saw what they were able to do with their technology. Their normal maps weren't that great and I know it was new technology at that time and the Xbox memory restriction just added to it. I'll be spending my cash on other titles that will be rolling out with Xbox2. I'm sure there will be other great titles that will roll out.

Dirtystimpy
12-28-2004, 05:27 AM
i'm sure they are working on Halo 3 for Xbox 2, it only makes sense. Halo 1 was THE launch game for Xbox 1, Halo 3 will be for 2. anything else wouldn't sit right with the Halo fans.my point exactly! I'll bet bungie has something up their sleeve, and for how much moolaa halo2 made, they'd be crazy not to have halo 3 out for the launch or close to it. I just hope the next one has a better ending.

DevilHacker
12-28-2004, 05:41 AM
The ending, while not the best, did not bug me...
Now, if they let you use THE FLASHLIGHT in this upgrade, than I will buy...
(Dont know why, but I miss the good old flashlight :shrug: )

Pixarman
12-28-2004, 07:06 AM
If MS brings the Xbox 2 out in Q4 of 2005 or even Q3-Q4 2006...it still won't be enough time for Bungie to get a solid copy of Halo3 finished. They worked their tails off to get Halo 2 finished and that took about three years. MS isn't gonna wait that long to bring out the new Xbox with the PS3 coming in a year or two as well. I also wouldn't want to see the Bungie guys rush Halo 3 just to get it for the Xbox 2 launch. I would hope that they get all the time they need to create something for the nextgen systems.

If there was a bonus pack in of H2.5 for the Xbox2 launch..I wouldn't be complaining one bit. Oh and to that person talking about CS....yeah people may have kept playing it for years, but during that time they upgraded the crap out of their systems and now they play CS:Source...which is just CS1.5 sort of...

I'm hoping that MS does bring out two versions of the Xbox 2. One would be for pure gamers and the other would be an all-in-one system. The pure gamer version could utilize flash memory to cache levels and store saved games, while the larger version would have a huge 250+Gig HDD. On that version one would have the ability to add and download music, movies, and maybe whole games...plus it could have DVR functionality. It would also play and record DVDs as well. The coolest part would be that the smaller Xbox2s could be used as satellites to stream content from the all-in-one X2 to other rooms.

Of course this is all wishful thinking on my part. Who knows what MS has up their sleeve for the X2...

I also enjoyed the ending as well. What was upsetting was that I now have to wait at least three years to find out what's gonna happen. This is how I felt after watching Back to the Future I so long ago...little did I know I was gonna have to wait 5 years for that conclusion.. :)

kwshipman
12-28-2004, 02:06 PM
I don't think that a remake of a game would be such a great idea, especially if the new machine is backwards compatible. Sure a lot of people will buy it just so they have a copy with the latest graphics and any new features, but it just wouldn't have the excitement of a new game. That excitement is what a developer needs to keep their names in the minds of the fans. A half hearted release would not sit well, and most people's impression of a developer is based on the latest release.

Hopefully I'll get to play Halo 2 soon. I got a copy of it and a wireless controller for Christmas but no one bothered to buy me an XBox, and they are sold out everywhere.

t-toe
12-28-2004, 04:20 PM
although, I'm sure this article is nothing but rumor and speculation, I do think Microsoft is aware that Halo is their cash-cow. Halo 1 was the main reason most people bought an xbox (heck, it even made ME buy an xbox... THIS year when I finally got around to trying it out). Halo 2 now is the main reason people are getting xbox live.

so, I'm sure Microsoft is thinkin' they're gonna need SOMETHING Halo-related to sell their new system. and one year is definitely not enough time to come up with an entirely new game, so the Halo 2.5 is pretty much the only thing they could do... if they have any Halo titles at all at launch.

the only other option is that, since Bungie is owned by Microsoft, maybe they've been secretly working on Halo 3 with a seperate team and are on track for a release late next year with the speculated launch of the xbox (a la Back to the Future 2 & 3).

Aegis Prime
12-28-2004, 04:22 PM
Has there been any announcement about the Xbox 2 being backwards-compatible? It seems highly unlikely seeing as the Xbox used an Intel Pentium III and the Xbox 2 is (supposedly) using an IBM PPC processor (like the Apple G5's) - the only way it could be compatible is through emulation and I wouldn't have thought the new chips are powerful enough to do it... :shrug:

Hazdaz
12-28-2004, 09:05 PM
What KWSHIPMAN said got me thinking... maybe they will released an updated HALO2.5 for the Next Box cuz it ISN'T backward compatible. There have been quite a few rumors already that it won't be backward compatible because of the major hardware differences, and coming out with their main game as just an update really does strike me as a way for them to keep from alienating alot of their fans. I still think it would backfire, but now I am believeing that rumor just a little more than I originally did.

Either way, its not even 2005 yet so we have a long way to wait till XB2 even gets officially announced - let alone when it finally hits store shelves.

Geta-Ve
12-28-2004, 09:21 PM
compatible is through emulation and I wouldn't have thought the new chips are powerful enough to do it... :shrug:
and how do you think ps2 allows people to play ps1 games?

emulation, doih

onlooker
12-28-2004, 10:12 PM
I have not read one post in this thread, but I have to say that I think Halo 2 was a huge waste of money. UT2K4 is 10x the game, and the play is much more fun. StarWars Republic Commando is also a great game, and I've only played the demo, but I already like it better than Halo 2. Microsoft totally wasted their resources (as they always do) when the bought bungie. Bungie was an incredible game company, and all they did was add internet connection to halo, and sell it for $50. I could keep this rant going all day, and be more spacific, and descriptive because I've been upset about this since I played Halo 2, but I'm done. Halo is a money sucking cow just like Microsoft now.

Dirtystimpy
12-28-2004, 10:32 PM
StarWars Republic Commando is also a great game, and I've only played the demo, but I already like it better than Halo 2.i know some people working on that game, and although they say its great, its just not nearly polished like halo.

everyone is intitled to their own opinions, but halo2 was a solid game. Its just easy to nit pick games that get all the hoopla. And I catch myself doing it as well.

Hell, I love the hell out of ghost recon 2, and it has its problems, but i know people could care less if i posted a ghost recon 2 thread, complaining about it, since its not considered a "game of the year"

Geta-Ve
12-28-2004, 11:06 PM
UT2K4 is 10x the game, and the play is much more fun. StarWars Republic Commando is also a great game, and I've only played the demo, but I already like it better than Halo 2. can you be specific?

(as they always do) and your an authority on how Microsoft uses their resources?

I could keep this rant going all day oh please, by all means, keep going. So far you havnt really said anything about the halo 2's actual game play... or well anything at all. All you said in fact was the game sucks, but gave no reasons...

heavyness
12-29-2004, 03:09 AM
the only way a 2.5 version of halo 2 will work for me is if its a free, bundled game with the xbox 2 [or free for anyone who owns halo 2].

last i heard [rumor] is that there will be 3 different versions of the xbox 2...

1] harddrive/modem no included [sold seperatly]
2] hd/modem built in
3] and one that looks like a pc

maybe halo 2.5 will be in the versions 2 and 3, just to get people to buy the more $$ ones [makes sense].

If MS brings the Xbox 2 out in Q4 of 2005 or even Q3-Q4 2006...it still won't be enough time for Bungie to get a solid copy of Halo3 finished.
unless halo 2 and 3 were made at the same time...? i've seen some really nice looking rendering of the master chief [very high ploy]. running on the same engine, model high res models, use the low ones now, save the high ones for halo 3...... [just my wild mind wondering!!!]

heavyness
12-29-2004, 03:19 AM
please delete, 2x/post...

Spankspeople
12-29-2004, 03:36 AM
and how do you think ps2 allows people to play ps1 games?

emulation, doih

Actually, from what I remember, the PS2 has a PS1 built into it, which is where the backwards compatibility comes from. Some companies have even used this to their advantage, such as in GTA3, where they have the game running on the PS2, and the music running on the PS1.

Though I could be wrong...

heavyness
12-29-2004, 04:31 AM
the big problem with backwards compatibility with the xbox -> xbox 2 is the rumor of the xbox 2 not having a harddrive built in. games that use the hd will just bug out when they can't find them in the new xbox 2.

of course, this is all rumored, and i'm the freakin' pope.

Geta-Ve
12-29-2004, 01:56 PM
spanks - hmm maybe, but i was almost sure it was emulation.. ah well..

t-toe
12-29-2004, 02:16 PM
Microsoft totally wasted their resources (as they always do) when the bought bungie.
wasted their resources? don't you think MS bought Bungie because they liked what they saw in Halo, and thought it could be the killer app to sell their Xboxes? seems they were right, if you look at the fact that Xboxes are currently sold out all across the U.S. (which strangely coincides with the release of a certain Halo 2).

and regarding PS2 backwards-compatibility, yeah, there is basically a PS1 built into the system. they called it their "emotion engine" or some strange name like that. it was put there to assist in tasks running in the background (such as AI routines, etc) so the PS2's other hardware could focus on other things.

onlooker
12-30-2004, 05:19 AM
What I mean by wasting their resources is: Bungie had incredibly creative people working for them, and Microsoft surrounded them with non creative Microslosh employees that are out to make a buck rather than provide the best possible gaming experience. (these people - this company is such a wealthy company you would think they would be interested in giving something back for the cash the people have thrown at them), and now they give you - Halo... again, but.... with an internet connection. Whoo hoo! It's the exact same game. The single player game is totally lacking this time. There was nothing original about any of it. On the other side of the coin Unreal Tournament keeps getting better every year, (and halo2 didn't come close to matching it), It has more, and better team strategy games to play, and more Maps available than you can count, because by the time your done counting somebody just made a new map, or weapon. Halo 2 was a total rip off. THese people just sold out all these x-boxes by giving you an internet connection, and no real improvements other than online play. Whoop Dee Do. They suckered the world into believing that the sequel was going to be something spectacular, I mean who are they kidding? They had years to work on this game, but it's classic Microshitsoup mind set. Get as much money as we can, and give them nothing in return. Either Bungie was not as talented as I thought they were... Cough. no.. Oni, Halo 1. Or their souls have fallen into the Microslobber monopoly pit. I think it's #2. Just like Halo2 reminds me of #2. If you think it took them this many years to come up with this your kidding your self too :thumbsup:

Dirtystimpy
12-30-2004, 05:29 AM
other side of the coin Unreal Tournament keeps getting better every year,
oh boy.......

The last time I played unreal, it was a joke, full of glitches and cheating.

"Bungie had incredibly creative people working for them, and Microsoft surrounded them with non creative Microslosh employees that are out to make a buck rather than provide the best possible gaming experience"

Thats why Microsoft gave them more time to polish the game. If they were out for a quick buck, it would have been out a lot sooner then 3 years to make it.

"Bungie was not as talented as I thought they were... Cough. no.. Oni, Halo 1. Or their souls have fallen into the Microslobber monopoly pit. I think it's #2. Just like Halo2 reminds me of #2. If you think it took them this many years to come up with this your kidding your self too"

wow.................

SOPLAND
12-30-2004, 05:32 AM
Actually, from what I remember, the PS2 has a PS1 built into it, which is where the backwards compatibility comes from. Some companies have even used this to their advantage, such as in GTA3, where they have the game running on the PS2, and the music running on the PS1.

Though I could be wrong...

You are sort of right. They basicly shrunk the PS1 down to a single chip. That chip handles I/O for PS2 games, all PS2 games, not just GTA.

Pixarman
12-30-2004, 05:52 AM
I can't believe you think that Unreal Tournament 2K4 is better than Halo 2. They basically copied all of what Halo brought to the table in the first place. They even copied all of the vehicles from Halo. At first I thought UT2K4 was pretty awesome and fun, but that didn't last very long. It just got very hard to keep up with the action, not to mention all the cheating. Even though the pace has quickened and there are a fare share of cheaters on Halo 2, I find that I can't stop playing it. I seriously play the thing every night before going to bed.

Aegis Prime
12-30-2004, 12:24 PM
I seriously play the thing every night before going to bed. Whatever happened to saying your prayers? :D :D

And about the PS2/PS1 emulation thang - yeah, that's what I heard - the PS2 has a PS1 on-a-chip in there which brings me back to doubts about Xbox2 being backwardly compatible - can't see how you could do it in hardware (based on the Xbox2's radical shift in architecture) and it's unlikely you could do it in software (emulation) 'cause the new chips don't seem powerful enough - hope I'm wrong though... :shrug:

'Course, in the history of games consoles, Sony's the only company to have built backwards-compatibility in out-of-the-box (during the Nintendo/Sega/Sony/Microsoft era anyway).

bentllama
12-30-2004, 12:34 PM
onlooker,

you are entitled to your opinion, but next time try to base it on fact rather than blind schoolyard envy. as a bungie insider, i find most of your remarks humorous because they are so ridiculous. for example, using 'microslosh' as a pet name for MS does not make your argument very credible.

thanks for trying the game through, sorry you did not like it.

FlyByNight
12-30-2004, 02:10 PM
onlooker,

you are entitled to your opinion, but next time try to base it on fact rather than blind schoolyard envy. as a bungie insider, i find most of your remarks humorous because they are so ridiculous. for example, using 'microslosh' as a pet name for MS does not make your argument very credible.

thanks for trying the game through, sorry you did not like it.
you would say that bentllama. Halo 2 was nowhere near all the hype. NOWHERE.. when i saw my first look at the game in the shop, on release day i honestly dropped my heart out my arse. it looked exactly the same as halo 1. even my mate with me, who dusnt like fps but has seen me play, looked at me like 'u hyped up this rubbish?? uv bin had'.. with the crappest even worse than b4 HUD. why dus the big fat circular motion sensor stay there, takin up very important real estate in 4 player split screen, even when u turn the sensors off???

I think onlooker made excelent points. schoolyard envy??? dont get personally offended. its about constructive criticism. the game was very shallow. a few newly designed character.. jjust.. lame... lame... cnt describe...

and btw... i LOVED HALO. waited so HARD for halo 2. i campaigned so hard for halo1 that i should have been on the marketing team. im jus giving my honest opinion

Oldbean
12-30-2004, 02:42 PM
I don't understand.

Halo 2 is, at least, an extension of Halo 1 and we all know how good that was. So why all the complaints?

Personally I can't think of any way in which Halo 2 is worse than Halo 1.

Heber
12-30-2004, 02:51 PM
a port? how about giving us halo 3 or something? seems to be like its just another cash grab, seriously i am a big fan of the first one and the second halo did not live up to the mass hype, oh well i wont be buying xbox 2 until a decent game comes out 2.5 bah.....

kex
12-30-2004, 02:54 PM
i think, a little word should come from the developers to all the complainers:

you go out and do something better!

halo 2 looks ok i cant see a jump in graphics really but i guesse that lies on the fact that its still on the xbox so what you gonna do.

gamepley i hear and this is what matters was spot on but i cant really comment as im waiting for the p.c port if they make one.

Heber
12-30-2004, 03:02 PM
i think, a little word should come from the developers to all the complainers:

[b]you go out and do something better!

[/size]

thats irrelevant , one single person cant make a game anywhere near that , thats like me complaining about my car's engine and you telling me to make my own car ???

bentllama
12-30-2004, 03:55 PM
flybynight: thanks for your critique on the HUD in 4 player split screen with motion sensors disabled. I will pass that on. We appreciate intelligent critisism. thanks for playing, and keep an eye out for bungie's next game.

kex
12-30-2004, 04:01 PM
i guess but certain expectations are raised when you complain on a pro cg forum.

if this a pro auto construction forum and you were complaining about your cars engine then my point could be valid.

but to be honest i was just joking around a problem this board seems to have

t-toe
12-30-2004, 04:16 PM
bentllama: "...thanks for trying the game through, sorry you did not like it."
FlyByNight: "you would say that bentllama..."

anyone else find this comical?

seriously, I'm sure Bungie squeezed every bit of juice out of the Xbox that it could for Halo 2. if you didn't notice the graphical upgrades, you definitely didn't look hard enough. there's more normal mapping than you can shake a stick at. textures were way more detailed. lighting was more complex.

and that's all just the surface of the game. they completely improved the game in other areas: no/very few repeating sections of levels (compare THAT with Halo 1), dual-wielding (how could you ever go back?), smarter AI. how about the sound design?! holy moly! the list goes on and on.

it's one thing to not like a game. it's another thing to call it crap. and it's ANOTHER thing to be hell-bent against a successful company (i.e. Microsoft) beyond all rationality.

DevilHacker
12-30-2004, 04:37 PM
WOW!
I thought that this thread was about the rumors of there being a Halo 2.5, not an Bungie/Microsoft bashing form...

And to every one who says that Halo2 is not as graphically advance as it should of been, Yall do know that they are working with a limited piece of hardware (best out of all three consoles, but still limited) that only runs at 700Mhz and has a small hard-drive (meaning that every texture and model has to be put on a single disk)! Also I agree that there are some "quirks" in Halo2, just as in Halo (original) but those little things don’t keep the game from being any less fun.

So can we please get back on topic and discuss the rumor of Halo2.5 and stop with the I hated Halo2 crap here, because there is already a form on the faults of Halo2

DevilHacker
12-30-2004, 04:39 PM
bentllama: "...thanks for trying the game through, sorry you did not like it."
FlyByNight: "you would say that bentllama..."

anyone else find this comical?

seriously, I'm sure Bungie squeezed every bit of juice out of the Xbox that it could for Halo 2. if you didn't notice the graphical upgrades, you definitely didn't look hard enough. there's more normal mapping than you can shake a stick at. textures were way more detailed. lighting was more complex.

and that's all just the surface of the game. they completely improved the game in other areas: no/very few repeating sections of levels (compare THAT with Halo 1), dual-wielding (how could you ever go back?), smarter AI. how about the sound design?! holy moly! the list goes on and on.

it's one thing to not like a game. it's another thing to call it crap. and it's ANOTHER thing to be hell-bent against a successful company (i.e. Microsoft) beyond all rationality.
Opps, you posted this while I was working on my response! O-well Great minds think alike…
http://cgtalk.com/images/smilies/shrug.gif

onlooker
12-30-2004, 05:45 PM
I'll stop bashing the game when bungie put's another solid title out. I still think they capitalized on the popularity of halo, and put forth a second rate effort because they are now part of the monopoly, and they really deserve to be bashed for it. But the fact is they got away with it, and now M$ is laughing it up all way to the bank on it. So what has been done can not be undone.
Somebody previously asked what I didn't like about it, so I gave a few details. I was also previously asked to "rant" so I gave that a shot too. As for my criticism of Microsoft. We'll every thing they have they took in an unethical manner from Apple, and xerox. They deserve it. Never really gave anything back in an equal proportion, or of importance because they are unwilling to admit their tactics were unethical. Also. They have never been creative enough to come up with an idea worth a damn, or expand an idea properly anyway. Next up for Microsoft is just wait for Apple to release their Tiger OS in march, or whenever, and base their next OS on that.

One more thing about the game. These vehicles, and two handed wielding your so set to credit bungie with is really a crock. There are so many games that had two handed wielding before halo that use the same engine, so I imagine getting the idea, let alone the code to incorporate it probably wasn't all that hard. And the vehicles that are used in halo, are not the ones UT was going for. I think the UT creators got their ideas to design original, and unique vehicles from the vehicles in Tribes ariel assault.

t-toe
12-30-2004, 07:18 PM
These vehicles, and two handed wielding your so set to credit bungie with is really a crock. There are so many games that had two handed wielding before halo that use the same engine, so I imagine getting the idea, let alone the code to incorporate it probably wasn't all that hard. And the vehicles that are used in halo, are not the ones UT was going for. I think the UT creators got their ideas to design original, and unique vehicles from the vehicles in Tribes ariel assault.
so.... because other games have had dual-weilding, Halo 2 ripped them off... but the fact that Tribes had vehicles doesn't necessarily mean that UT2k4 ripped IT off? where's the logic in that?

t-toe
12-30-2004, 07:22 PM
and... wait... there are other games that use the Halo engine? what games are those?

onlooker
12-30-2004, 07:47 PM
and... wait... there are other games that use the Halo engine? what games are those?

I had no idea there was a "Halo engine" I thought it was either UT, or quake. My bad.

so.... because other games have had dual-weilding, Halo 2 ripped them off... but the fact that Tribes had vehicles doesn't necessarily mean that UT2k4 ripped IT off? where's the logic in that?

Very poor attempt of manipulating what I said into something it was not. You are deducted 30 points.
I never said, or implied that (about UT vehicles). I'm sure you know that though.
What I was implying was that the creators of UT may have gotten an idea on how original vehicles should be done from an example set by the creators of Tribes Ariel Assault. I never said, or implied that they ripped their vehicles off.

kwshipman
12-30-2004, 08:52 PM
Can you all stop this childish bickering and get back on topic? This is clearly an abuse of the forums and is accomplishing nothing. So stop it before this thread gets locked.

TheLostVertex
12-31-2004, 04:39 AM
I wonder if Xbox 2 will have many good games....my xbox is gathering dust right now cause i cant find any games I like. And as for a fancy pretty port of Halo2, I wouldnt be to interested. I thought Halo2 lacked an origanal story as well as....I WANT TO BE THE MASTER CHIEF, i hate switching to be the arbiter, so not cool :-/ The weapons seemed rather cheap, none of them felt like they had much power behind them. The uzi's seemed like rapid fire nerf guns, no power, kick or anything of that sort. The shotgun from halo 1 was much better, the Halo2 shotgun, which didnt sound or react as one would expect. I loved the dual pistols though. All in all, the game seemed weak in all reguards. Atleast my brother was the one that bought it http://cgtalk.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

While im at it, i thought half-life 2 sucked as well ;)

Hazdaz
12-31-2004, 05:07 AM
my xbox is gathering dust right now cause i cant find any games I like.
:eek: Yea, your right... there are NO good games for the XB :rolleyes:

Dirtystimpy
12-31-2004, 07:36 AM
http://xbox.ign.com/articles/560/560249p1.html

heavyness
12-31-2004, 01:36 PM
back on the subject...

the more i think about it, i would kinda like a 2.5 [as long as it was free!]. Bungie and Microsoft spent many hours and lots'o'cash to get the Xbox Live servers ready for the game, and to think they are only going to be used for another year [until Xbox 2] would be a waste.

so now i'm thinking the Xbox 2 will NOT be backwards compatible so Microsoft will offer [a free i hope] copy of Halo 2.5 for the Xbox 2 but with high res models and textures, HDTV support, and maybe bump the 16 person map limit up to 32 on new, larger maps.

also, stop comparing UT2004 with Halo 2. it's like comparing apples to oranges, chevy's to fords, cap'n'crunch to coca puffs. sure their both breakfast cereals, but one is chocolate flavored while the other is shaped like little treasure chests. if your going to compare ANY game to ANOTHER, compare it to it's previous versions. Then you'll see Halo 2 is way more superior over Halo 1 in all way.

BarryRIT
12-31-2004, 02:08 PM
back on the subject...

the more i think about it, i would kinda like a 2.5 [as long as it was free!]. Bungie and Microsoft spent many hours and lots'o'cash to get the Xbox Live servers ready for the game, and to think they are only going to be used for another year [until Xbox 2] would be a waste.

so now i'm thinking the Xbox 2 will NOT be backwards compatible so Microsoft will offer [a free i hope] copy of Halo 2.5 for the Xbox 2 but with high res models and textures, HDTV support, and maybe bump the 16 person map limit up to 32 on new, larger maps....

Check this out:

http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/7408/Halo-25-and-Xbox-2-The-Bomb/

" But that is not the only info our insider had for us as soon after he dropped the bomb: “Now, here is the twist. Halo 2.5 will come preloaded with the optional HDD. It’ll be one of the two reasons to get the Xbox 2 that comes with a hard drive. The other reason… well, you’ll just have to wait” "

It seems kinda silly to re-sell the game at full price if it isn't much different from the xbox version (even though I would shell out the 50 bucks without a second thought http://cgtalk.com/images/smilies/grin.gif - HD-720P! Woop!!). Loading it into the Hard Drive sounds like a pretty groovy idea if you ask me.

kwshipman
12-31-2004, 03:51 PM
Updated and bundled with (especially if it is with the hard drive version) would be a very good idea. I would like it then, but I would definitely not shell out 50 bucks. Instead I would just wait until it became a “Greatest Hits” and pick it up for $20.

Hazdaz
12-31-2004, 03:56 PM
"bundled game"?!?

Wow, I haven't heard that term in many, many years. I remember when teh Atari 2600 came with Combat! and PacMan bundled and then Genesis with Altered Beast... but since then, that whole "bundled game" concept went away... along with "bundled controller", and I seriously don't think either of those concepts are coming back any time soon... (well on a newly launched console that is - I realize that after the 1st year, the consoles sometimes get bundled in with a game to make them a better deal)

bentllama
12-31-2004, 04:58 PM
Can you all stop this childish bickering and get back on topic? This is clearly an abuse of the forums and is accomplishing nothing. So stop it before this thread gets locked.
onlooker, you can PM me with further debate, even the sophmoric rhetoric. we can chat about your dissent outside this thread. thanks.

now back to the topic at hand.

note: read my first post in this thread for my stance on the original topic.

heavyness
12-31-2004, 05:56 PM
last bundled gamed game i got was with my SNES [Super Mario World]...

IF this is real, it would be very smart. a lot of people got mad because the ending of Halo 2 [***spoiler ahead***] left the door open for Halo 3. how do we win them back? give them an upgrade [halo 2.5] for free with the xbox 2.

and i wonder why people who liked halo 2 got mad about the ending. if anything, i got excited to know another one is on the way.

Stormy151
12-31-2004, 08:14 PM
Well, if it's a marketing strategy, it works. I'd buy Xbox 2 to play more Halo...:)

Dirtystimpy
01-01-2005, 07:35 AM
and i don't wonder why people who liked halo 2 got mad about the ending. if anything, i got excited to know another on is on the way.
$150 million in sales on the first day was enough to know they are making a sequel. I love the game, but the ending compared to the first one, no way it even comes close. I guess I was just hoping to have another level on Earth, since the earth portions seemed too short......all right, live's calling my name.....

FlyByNight
01-09-2005, 01:47 PM
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

big repect to bentllama for ur reply to my post... thought ud strat an argument.. at least u know where the debate lies... to be honest, i got a ton on those kinda points on the game...

u know, logical.... id gladly pass them on.. but cant think em straight off top of my head!!!

if i was playin the game nxt to u thou i woudn shut up....

halo 2 is good u know, but, u gota admit... people expected so much more.... it needed better designers imho...

anyway, im kinda outta this convo now.. its been so long... if u wants sum constructive critcisms then let me know bent:scream:

CGTalk Moderation
01-20-2006, 06:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.