PDA

View Full Version : Problem with joint rotation

CoolDuck
12-26-2004, 03:16 PM
Hi there, I've searched in archives on topics about joint orientation but can't find a solution to my problem. I've already spend a whole afternoon figuring out... I have a problem with my rig. For instance when I select the left AND right shoulder joint and rotate them on the same time, one goes up one down. How do I set it up so the rotations are consistent? (so they move down or up simutaneously)
I have tried orienting the joints but it was confusing. I hope someone can help me with this. Thanks in advance.

A side question: is it nessesary to do this? Or doesn't matter rotations of left and right arms/legs aren't consistent.

poly-phobic
12-26-2004, 05:32 PM
i think this happened because you may have mirrored copy your joints from one side to another.

there is solution, but i'm not 100% sure, i know this was in maya 5 and up.
its a command called flipRotateManip or something along that line.

research that a bit and see hat you can find.

CoolDuck
12-26-2004, 09:22 PM
Thanks, but I couldn't find anything on that one. :shrug:
Yep, I mirrored the joints using Mirror Skeleton.
How would you do it then? Using that mirror skeleton or otherwise.

Arcon
12-27-2004, 09:42 PM
you use mirror skeleton with the "behaviour" option enabled. providing you select the right axis to mirror in (usually YZ), it should work fine.

CGTalk Moderation
01-20-2006, 07:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.