PDA

View Full Version : how to register encrypted scripts?

marcusss
12-25-2004, 08:15 PM
I have a couple of scripts, of which I dont know the author or origin, and are encrypted
How can I register them in a menu, if I can't go in the file and see the "category"?

Is there a way to directly putting them in a menu?

Am I clear?

thxs

Mark'Huss

Bobo
12-27-2004, 10:47 AM
I have a couple of scripts, of which I dont know the author or origin, and are encrypted
How can I register them in a menu, if I can't go in the file and see the "category"?

Is there a way to directly putting them in a menu?

Am I clear?

Loud and clear. :)

Are you sure the MSE file really contains a MacroScript definition?
As far as I know, MacroScripts cannot be effectively encrypted (if you would run an encrypted MSE file containing a MacroScript, the resulting .MCR in the UI/MacroScripts folder would NOT be encrypted, which would defeat the prupose of encryption!)

If the MSE you have been given actually contains a MacroScript definition, running the MSE file should produce a new .MCR file in UI/MacroScripts with the Category and Name of the MacroScript. (Sort by date to find out which one it is)

If the MSE does not contain a MacroScript, you cannot place it on a menu or toolbar anyway, it might be a scripted Utility or something else...

marcusss
12-27-2004, 12:47 PM
ok, thxs,

so, there is no way to know what type of script a *.mse file is, if the author does'nt precise it, or is unknown?

Mark'Huss

Bobo
12-27-2004, 02:08 PM
ok, thxs,

so, there is no way to know what type of script a *.mse file is, if the author does'nt precise it, or is unknown?

Mark'Huss
There is no insider trick to know what the MSE does.
You have the following options:
*Look at the name and try to figure out what it is.
*The script could implement a scripted Utility, scripted Plugin or could be a generic script that does not appear in the Max UI at all.
*If it is a Utility, it should appear in the scripts drop-donw list of the MAXScript utility in the Utilities tab.
*If it is a plugin, it must be somewhere in the UI - the Create tab, the Modifiers list, the RenderEffects list etc.
*If it is a generic script, running it should do something immediately, or open its own floater/dialog/whatever...

Try posting the names of the MSEs here, somebody might recognize them and tell you what they do, unless they are not publicly known...

CGTalk Moderation
01-20-2006, 06:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.