PDA

View Full Version : Could we gat a Realflow forum?

Pin_pal
12-25-2004, 08:05 PM
Several people use this software package. It does have support for Maya, Max, LW, etc.. It is hard to search all the specific forums just to find a common Realflow answer.

Thanks,
Pin_pal

Shade01
12-25-2004, 08:56 PM
The official realflow forums aren't that busy themselves, I can't see realflow forums here getting much use.

sparaig
05-15-2005, 11:03 AM
The official realflow forums aren't that busy themselves, I can't see realflow forums here getting much use.

The official Alias.com Maya forums aren't used much either but the Maya forums on cgtalk are the most used of all 3D apps.

Jonj1611
05-15-2005, 11:43 AM
I agree, I too would like to see a Realflow forum :)

Jon

HarverdGrad
05-15-2005, 12:58 PM
I feel the forum should just stay at Next Limit. Why fragment it?

Moving the forum here isn't going to have much effect. The biggest weakness to Realflow is that it's all trial and error. Ya- you learn a lot of short cuts and how to adjust behavior in a scene, but every scene is different. Scale size being the biggest factor of "unknown" outcome.

I like the Admins at NextLimit. They've never (as far as I know), filtered posts or banned anyone.
The NextLimit Admins take the good with the bad and let people vent.

Regards!

JIII
05-15-2005, 01:23 PM
The reason admins here clamp down is because when they don't, this forum is so large and influential, people's professional reputations could be tarnished. This forum is so big and large, if it got out of control it would have the same effect as a drug war in the crack industry upon the tightly knit c4d (eh, sorry 3d) industry.

The basic reason for not allowing people to vent here is that everything is so big, on nextlimit they only have one software manufacturer, here they have 10 or 20. On nextlimit they have probably 2 or 3 thousand users, on cgtalk there are probably 2-3 thousand users at one one TIME. This forum is so huge, so powerful, and with the potential to cause so many problems both professionally and personally for people (like you probably) who depend on their reputations to make a living, that you really cannot expect cgtalk to let people run free.

And yes, I have run into conflict with the admins here before. I don't play by the rules either. I just know that as much as I hate the rules they are necessary to maintaining cgtalk's reputation, and our own personal reputations.

Just my thoughts,

-J3

R1PPER
05-18-2005, 09:32 AM
I visited there website...but it was full of dead links? And the OSX version needs some dev widget installed which no longer exists at the specified location???

kuui
05-18-2005, 09:57 AM
i would love to see a realflow forum here too. its a complex software, and especially now with the demo version which is mostly unlimited, a lot of people work with it trial&error based.

R1PPER
05-18-2005, 06:05 PM
Im found a really cool liquid logo tutorial....but can't seem to find it again not sure if it was in a magazine or if i just stumbled across it....anyone got any ideas?
EDIT: Sorry didn't mean to highjack and i found my tutorial woohoo.

http://www.nextlimit.com/tutorials/realflow/Liquid_logo/liquidlogo.htm

Andrei2k
05-18-2005, 08:02 PM
Ripper: you're hijacking the topic with your post :eek: But yes I would like to 2nd the motion for RealFlow forum!

joshstanley
05-20-2005, 06:41 PM
I would like a real flow forum too.

Josh

VanillaSnake21
05-22-2005, 07:21 AM
Does anyone know how to create a Water Tank that was shown on a RealFlow website(http://www.nextlimit.com/realflow/index.html (Under training tab - videos), being filled with water, How do they render the liquid?
Any help appreciated

jampoz
05-22-2005, 04:41 PM
This thread is turning into a RealFlow forum... amazing!

Brotron
05-23-2005, 04:59 AM
The Next Limit forum seems to be a little jacked up right now. Dead links and very little info. So while they are under construction.... does anyone have problems with their obj. imports leaking? It seems all the objects I bring in to RF are only about 80% solid. I'm exporting the obj's from C4D.

RF Forum in exile

dukduk
05-28-2005, 09:37 PM
Have you made sure that all your vertices are welded before exporting to RealFlow? I know that this is an issue in alot of other types of simulations (cloth, heat transfer, force/stress analysis). Not sure if this is a situtaion with RealFlow though.

jvancker
05-31-2005, 07:44 AM
I would love to see a Realflow section here as well. I think the user base online (as others have already stated) would be larger than the Nextlimit site as well. It's just very convenient to come to one place for whatever info you're interested in.

chinaren
06-01-2005, 07:16 AM
Have you made sure that all your vertices are welded before exporting to RealFlow? I know that this is an issue in alot of other types of simulations (cloth, heat transfer, force/stress analysis). Not sure if this is a situtaion with RealFlow though.
hello,everybody si verygood.

sparaig
06-04-2005, 02:56 AM
I feel the forum should just stay at Next Limit. Why fragment it?

Regards!

The realflow forums at the nextllimit.com site are currently down. I've noticed that cgtalk tends to stay up more often than the application home forums...

sparaig
06-05-2005, 06:54 AM
A question for realflow maya users: I've downloaded the scenefiles from the nextlimit website and I can't export the animation into maya because apparently the scenes were originally created with 3DS Max. Is there a workaround for this?

Lamster
06-18-2005, 11:09 AM
A Realflow forum would be a great idea. I am tinkering with it and would gladly share the little I have learnt on a forum.

thesuit
06-21-2005, 08:57 PM
just stating my support for the cause...
I'd be looking foward to a realflow forum... xpecially with the demo out its much easier to learn as a community.
the reason for bringing the forum here is that most people are either too busy or too lazy to check out other 3d forums so we just basically xpect cgtalk to deliver it all... thats good and bad news for cgtalk at the same time...
either way... im all pro a realflow forum.

AI

CGTalk Moderation
06-21-2005, 08:57 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.