PDA

View Full Version : PA Challenge - Character - Blackarts

Blackarts
02-08-2002, 12:41 PM
Well what can i say - it's a work in progress. Many things buggin me that are still on my to do list, but its a start. Anyway, go ahead, rip'er apart....

she'll be back for revenge.

>=)

-Daryl

http://members.shaw.ca/dmandryk/graphics/cgpics/WIP1.jpg

http://members.shaw.ca/dmandryk/graphics/cgpics/WIP2.jpg

LiFE
02-08-2002, 01:04 PM
awesome, im not really one to crit so ill just comment.

LUV the turtleneck style suit thingy :) and the pipework !

--LiFE

chrom
02-08-2002, 03:20 PM
nice model Daryl
waiting for final result

cheers
.chrom

Blackarts
02-08-2002, 09:35 PM
thanks for the feedback. I'll do some more work this weekend and post another update.

-d.

ether
02-08-2002, 09:39 PM
It's looking good:) Can't wait to see the finished model!

cerreto
02-08-2002, 09:46 PM
I love it only thing id tweak or change might be to make the goggles a lil wider but the gear is very cool especialy knowing how youll texture it looking forward to the next pic you go beyond my expectaiton each time so theres nothing else to tear apart

Blackarts
02-08-2002, 10:39 PM
nice suggestion cerr, like i said to you on MSN I'll be taking another look at the goggles.

thanks!

-D.

oozeballz
02-08-2002, 11:28 PM
reallly good... i've been a big fan of your worn since i saw it in RAPH.com ...
just a few comments..

*the neck seems a little long.. but that maybe your style of design... i dont know.

* and the collar piece doesnt seem to leave much room for the chin.. maybe widening or lowering it a little mite help... thats just my opinion though..

very good start thought!!!

Blackarts
02-09-2002, 12:18 AM
thanks for the comments chris. The neck I wanted to be long. If you look close you'll notice she has pointy elf ears, and I'm going to give her elongagated elf-like proportions. I figure the apocolypse has once again brought all the old races to surface or something like that. Your suggestion about the chin is something I noticed as well, and I'm going to probably pull that peice out to give her some more room to move.

-d.

pascal_blanche
02-09-2002, 12:28 AM
cool to see some WIPS shots of your work Daryl ;) can't wait to see the next posts :D :D

Blackarts
02-09-2002, 06:00 AM
thats it? no more ideas - suggestions - crits - whatever? Mr dixon gimme some feedback!

later,

-D.

cerreto
02-09-2002, 06:05 AM
i like the stiching actualy maybe make the part on her head i thinkits cloth stiched as well (the part on her fore head break up the metal a lil , also some clasp to hold down the piping in front would be a nice touch

Sketch23
02-09-2002, 06:18 AM
Nice, Daryl. Like it better than the one you were working on. This one has more style.
It would be cool if her goggles were retractable, either comming from the top of her helmet or from the sides.
Also when you texture it, how bout some Elven war paint. It's all about the war paint!

Dan Dixon
02-09-2002, 11:54 AM
hay D you want feed back I think I can do that. I like the starting of it but here are some thing that bother me , the upper lip seems to be a little flat and needs to be pulled out , and besides that is the glass are just sitting there . you might want to come up with some thing to hold them in place. but none the less sweet job D

Reo
02-09-2002, 08:18 PM
looking good so far .....always nice to see a fellow Vancouver guy around .......keep the posts coming

Reo Prendergast

broken_skull@hotmail.com

Blackarts
02-09-2002, 09:56 PM
thanks dan,

the lips are fine, ur right about the goggles, thats on my list already. Thanks !

-D.

JacobB
02-09-2002, 10:24 PM
your stuff never ceases to amaze me daryl, excellent work!. Is this character going to be living?, I t'd be kinda cool if she was a mutilated corpse, who's body is rotting and she's on perma- life support. I don't know I just saw that pic and thought it would be cool if she had blue lips and liver secretions coming out of her face, but then I guess she would be too much of a babe then, anyways looking forward to seeing updates!!:D

big b
02-10-2002, 08:28 AM
Nice. Very nice.

I want to see more of this character. Can't wait till your next post.

Blackarts
02-13-2002, 11:58 AM
OK- just a little update. Still messing around with the top armor, and started building a lower body, arms and hands. Oh ya, gonna be changing the helmet a bit - mayeb a bit rounder. Comments welcome,

-D.

http://members.shaw.ca/dmandryk/graphics/cgpics/WIP3.jpg

http://members.shaw.ca/dmandryk/graphics/cgpics/WIP4.jpg

cerreto
02-13-2002, 08:43 PM
looking good i know im like you and love crits but at the moment not much to crit its loooking good love the back of the armor! , some suggestion for the rest of the body if your looking for some - maybe some rib pad armor sounds wierd but you dont ever see them much and i think it would give a cool look with the shoulder pad like armor you have! also maybe some instruments /gauges on her chest plat to control that device aorund her head and som wires and box type device on her top of the booty area !

just throwing a lil out there im sure you already have your deisgn just offering some constructive crits ;)

talk to you later !

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 01:39 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.