PDA

View Full Version : Short Animation : Blend Shapes

tom.lowe
12-23-2004, 07:09 PM
This is my first real attempt at character animation and I wanted some feedback on some of the blend shapes I had produced for my character.

There are still works in progress but after looking at something for so long your eyes begin to miss some of the flaws, and it is always good to get other people’s feedback.

These are the looks I am trying to achieve, the first one is the character in an angry pose the second is the character looking/searching intensely and the third is a surprised look.

Any feedback and suggestions you could give would be great

Thanks

cg219
12-25-2004, 03:31 PM
I think the first and last one look on point. But the searching one looks more like a " What are you talking about? " facial expression. I think you should lower the brow to get rid of that look. I think you should squint the eyes more to get that searching look.

tom.lowe
12-26-2004, 06:04 PM
Thanks for the suggestions cg219

swartz3d
12-30-2004, 08:23 PM
I think they're a great start.

One thing you may consider doing is adding some actual creases in the forehead area and the area between the eyebrows. I find that these lines create a lot of extra character and help emphasize the expressions even more.

On the angry pose, I might flare the nostrils a bit more and arch the eyebrows even more than you have it.

(I usually exaggerate my poses quite a bit and I can always "tone them down" a bit later on in animation by not sliding the slider so far).

-Michael

CGTalk Moderation
01-20-2006, 06:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.