PDA

View Full Version : Blender 2.36 released (mainly a mega bug-fixing release)

Apollux
12-23-2004, 03:44 PM
Due to the amount of work done in the past year, we decided to keep CVS frozen for new projects, and instead go over all pending and new reports that kept coming in.

Thanks to a lot of help of everyone providing tests and reports, we could handle over 200 issues in Blender, with many of them over 2 years old.

Even while "bug free" is impossible to achieve, we can proudly present a stable 2.36 now! Especially useful to have this out with new projects already starting to review/redesign and improve many parts in Blender, so we can start breaking things again!

For the upcoming release(s) work will be done on the entire animation system (especially armatures, actions and NLA), a new dependency graph system, a recode of all transform tools (grab, rotate, scale), an update of the render system (full 4x32 support, threading support, lotsof cleanup), redesign of the Panels/button layout, softbody dynamics added, 64 bits versions,... and I bet I missed some.

www.blender3d.com (http://www.blender3d.com)

gabio
12-23-2004, 04:24 PM
this is the most interesting part:
For the upcoming release(s) work will be done on the entire animation system (especially armatures, actions and NLA), a new dependency graph system, a recode of all transform tools (grab, rotate, scale), an update of the render system (full 4x32 support, threading support, lotsof cleanup), redesign of the Panels/button layout, softbody dynamics added, 64 bits versions,... and I bet I missed some. And for a lot of you this is even more interesting ;) :
redesign of the Panels/button layout Where you can see the details of this redesign (http://wiki.blender.org/bin/view.pl/Blenderdev/ButtonsInformationArchitecture)

brkn
12-24-2004, 05:13 AM
I should probably mention as well, that even though the focus was on clearing up old issues, bug fixes, etc. a couple of smaller features sneaked in, such as support for normal maps in the renderer.

Ollarin
12-24-2004, 06:24 AM
Awesome release! Really nice to see Normal mapping in too!:D

I can't wait for future releases, with improved an improved animation system. :D

CGTalk Moderation
01-20-2006, 05:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.