PDA

View Full Version : first showreel

kingfish3d
12-23-2004, 01:34 PM
hello,
this is my first showreel, i hope you'll like...
i wanted to show everything i'm able to do in modeling, animation,...
everything in this demo is done by myself,...
all criticz are welcome because i'm not sure if i did well but i'm pretty happy of the result :)

http://users.skynet.be/fa971080/stodemoreel2k4.avi

thank you!!

Fierras
12-23-2004, 05:53 PM
Ik ben niet zeker of het aan mij ligt maar mijn pc loopt altijd in het midden van de film vast waardoor ik het niet deftig kan bekijken.

hopelijk hebben andere dit prob niet.

Veel succes

Zabian
01-05-2005, 09:31 PM
Good for a first:thumbsup:

rhino23
01-06-2005, 12:53 AM
Nice work! Here are my suggestions...
Add a light on the left side on your first two model turntables, right now the left side is too dark to see any details.
I would move your head model towards the beginning of the reel, and also do a turntable of your buggy models, from what I can see they look like really good models.
I would also think about taking only the best clips from the animation with the guy and mastadon. I feel that some of these clips aren't as high of caliber as some of the others and getting rid of some would also keep your reel from becoming drawn out.
Hope that helps!

kingfish3d
01-07-2005, 03:56 PM
Thank you very much for your advice!!!:thumbsup:
very helpfull...
i'll change fwe things for increase the quality of my reel:)

seankeeton
01-09-2005, 03:45 AM
I don't know if things are the same where you are as they are in America, but I was told to specialize your reel unless you are applying to small studios where they may expect you to do all kinds of different things.

In my humble opinion you are a much better modeler than animator and would even venture the guess that you are more interested in modeling than animating. Your animation looks quite stiff. I would take everything out with that caveman type guy as his modeling isn't as good as the rest of your reel and his movement isn't very good. You can keep the wizard and dragon animation as proof that your models are modeled well enough to hold up to animation, but I really think you should take the caveman stuff out, or at least cut it down and put it later in your animation. Remember: Show your best stuff first, and only your best stuff! Overall nice job. I like it.

CGTalk Moderation
01-20-2006, 07:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.