PDA

View Full Version : Motion Capture and Lightwave

RuiFeliciano
09-03-2002, 04:41 AM
I think I saw a tutorial a few weeks back about applying motion capture data (*.bvh) in LW. I can't find it anymore. Does anyone know if I dreamt of it ot there's such a tutorial? Thanks!

PS - I'm not refereing to that video on PresetsCentral

proton
09-03-2002, 05:27 AM
maybe look and see if you can find it here:

http://members.shaw.ca/lightwavetutorials/Character_Animation.htm

Eugeny
09-03-2002, 07:42 AM
I think u saw this:
http://www.geocities.com/rgkovach/mocap_tut.htm
in my replay to FacialDeluxe.
Also see the page 41-43 of LW75Update.pdf
I'll recommend u to cover all tutorials on this web site.
Actually from this site i learned IK and weight maps as well as Mocap :)

RuiFeliciano
09-03-2002, 04:11 PM
Proton,

Thanks, had already looked there but only found the video on PresetsCentral.

Eugeny,

That was it, thanks!

PNelson
09-04-2002, 09:28 PM
With LightWave 7.5 we have added full FBX (Filmbox) support to LightWave..

You no longer need to export a LightWave scene from Filmbox.. Simply save the FBX and load it into LightWave..

Works very nice..

See Ya,
Philip Nelson
NewTek

RuiFeliciano
09-04-2002, 09:56 PM
Phillip,

What's the use for FBX support? FilmBox does export very nice LW native scenes and, as far as I know, you can only generate FBX content from within Filmbox...so if Filmbox always supported (or as so since long ago) LW scene export why the need to import an FBX from within LW? Am I missing something?

Eugeny
09-04-2002, 10:01 PM
May be because u can find some Filmbox free files on the Net?

RuiFeliciano
09-05-2002, 02:49 AM
Also just checked that Max 5 also exports in FBX format...gotta look what is supported in that format...maybe have Character Studio make me a quick skeleton, lay a few steps have the character walk and then export to FBX to read in LW...hmmmm...

twidup
09-05-2002, 06:47 AM
hmmm, or, how about animate in Maya, and export to FBX, then load into Max/LW/XSI and have the bone data retained, that is if you use an OBJ file.

I have seen the Maya to Max route tested and working, havent tried the maya to LW route yet on it, need to give it a whirl.

Kaydara is trying really hard to make FBX a standardized cross platform file format, and they are doing a great job so far

-Todd

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 04:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.