PDA

View Full Version : Recruiting staff members

dreamsgate
12-22-2004, 11:45 PM
I need some volunteers to get involved in future site development on blenderman.org
So if you love blender and have too much free time on your hands, either pm me or email me at

dreamsgate@blenderman.org

php experience helpful but not necessary, we are willing to teach you everything you need to know.

Apollux
12-24-2004, 06:51 PM
I'm lacking two elements:

1.- Lots of free time.
2.- Php knowlege.

But if you are willing to take in a good hearted blenderhead then I'm in :D

dreamsgate
12-25-2004, 12:09 AM
:applause: I love blenderheads and always have room for more. Do you have time to write the occasional news item or articles of interest concerning blender or CG related topics?

Even dropping by our forums and answering questions would be a great help.:)

Sandy

Apollux
12-25-2004, 01:54 AM
:applause: I love blenderheads and always have room for more. Do you have time to write the occasional news item or articles of interest concerning blender or CG related topics?
Sure I do.

By the way, I just published an old character from the muffin project (it is on another thread in this forum)... check it out.. It isn't all that, but maybe could be posted on the blenderman magazine/site or whatever.. if you consider it good enough, of course.

dreamsgate
12-26-2004, 01:47 AM
Apollux: that is so cool. I have just the place for her in our model archive. I will add a note that proper credit must be given to creators.

Let me know when more of the models are released. :)

xeetstreet
12-26-2004, 03:31 AM
Apollux: that is so cool. I have just the place for her in our model archive. I will add a note that proper credit must be given to creators.

Let me know when more of the models are released. :)What security reasons garner a static 'welcome page'? Whatever they are, I'm sure they could be easily overcome without making your site a pain to use. (Yes, I consider static 'welcome pages' a pain!)

dreamsgate
12-26-2004, 03:58 PM
Sorry about the static welcome page. We got hacked big time and the hackers replaced our front page until we were able to regain control of the site. It was decided to have a static welcome page so that if we got hacked again and or crashed our backup site could be reloaded easily and quickly.

Apollux
12-26-2004, 04:39 PM
You know, the static page isn't much secure .. specially if people bookmark straight into http://www.blenderman.org/index.php and I guess most people do.

thirteenpixels
12-27-2004, 05:19 PM
I don't have a ton of free time but I do have a ton of PHP knowledge.

I'd love to help out however I can...I am a fairly new user to Blender but I've been using 3d programs in general for a while now. I'm a Lightwave convert.

If you'd like me to help in any way hit me up with a PM.

Randy.M
12-31-2004, 05:29 AM
I'd love to help out - lots of PHP know-how and plenty of time on my hands right now!

randy.mcdonnell at gmail.com

thedoc
12-31-2004, 08:50 AM
i for 2 will really like to be involveld with anything i can do, if you can teach then you got yourself a student. Though the loads of free time bit is not that much in all but i'm willing to help in anyway i can... i'm a member on your site already!

dreamsgate
12-31-2004, 02:40 PM
I will take all the help I can get. I am going to write up our game plan this weekend and send it out to everyone and then we can get started.:)

Apollux
12-31-2004, 04:15 PM
I'll be waiting for it.

I'm already a Blenderman member, so you allready have my 'real' e-mail address on your server :)

CyberSorcerer
12-31-2004, 05:38 PM
Just sent you an email, I would be glad to help out if you still need people. I believe Blender is a great tool for newbies getting into 3D modeling/animation.

CyberSorcerer

mdwsr
12-31-2004, 05:46 PM
I might be up for helping, my abilities are extremely limited but I am interested in learning more.

dreamsgate
01-01-2005, 05:32 PM
A big thank you to everyone that volunteered to help out at blenderman.org. I think I have enough staff members at this point to get some things rolling.

But feel free to contribute models, tutorials, demos and articles at anytime. :)

Apollux
01-01-2005, 05:48 PM
Dreamsgate, your post is a little confusing on it's interpretation.

It means: "Thanks to all who volunteered, but turns out we already had enought staff members, so your services won't be needed at this point" or it means "Thanks to all who already voluntereed, with the you we completed the staff team and thus we won't be taking any more volunteers from this point on" ?

dreamsgate
01-01-2005, 05:56 PM
:) Dang that's what I get for doing 2-3 things at the same time.

I meant with all of you who have currently volunteered I have a nicely rounded staff and I am very appreciative of all who volunteered their time and effort. All those who have currently volunteered will be receiving an email today with our game plan so that we can get started.

I also was trying to let those who were still interested in volunteering/helping that my staff is now full, but they are welcome to contribute articles, tutorials etc.

MajesticM00se
03-09-2005, 08:39 AM
I'm lacking two elements:

1.- Lots of free time.
2.- Php knowlege.

But if you are willing to take in a good hearted blenderhead then I'm in :D

I am too

1. Free Time
2. Money

JA-forreal
03-11-2005, 09:46 PM
:) Dang that's what I get for doing 2-3 things at the same time.

I meant with all of you who have currently volunteered I have a nicely rounded staff and I am very appreciative of all who volunteered their time and effort. All those who have currently volunteered will be receiving an email today with our game plan so that we can get started.

I also was trying to let those who were still interested in volunteering/helping that my staff is now full, but they are welcome to contribute articles, tutorials etc.

I would love to do an article on the process of creating an interesting 3d room environment about modeling, texturing, lighting, arranging and rendering various 3d assets. I could also make it a basic tutorial on 3d asset management in Blender. I am so swamped with work right now and while the aspect of being a staff member appealed to me I don't have the time for that sort of thing.

Most of my work with Blender involves creating 3d visual assets for various types of media. If I can be of help I will start with the modeling phase of this tutorial using at least three objects or so and an environment and work my way up from there as I have the time to contribute more.

Blend on!

CGTalk Moderation
03-11-2005, 09:46 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.