PDA

View Full Version : eye setup help

Raptor235
09-03-2002, 01:03 AM
Hi there I'm trying to setup some good set of eyes that have the sperate geometry components everything would be working fine if they were spheres but I want them to be a little streched so I need to figure out a way for the eyes to keep their position while the iris slides to flow the aim orientation object...other wise they go through the skin...anyone got any ideas? I can't use the texture because they dont look as good...

io,
09-03-2002, 09:43 AM
center pivot, aim, after that deform it with a lattice.
what u have to do is to be shure that the eye geometry is remaining inside of base and latice. and keep that lattice alive, no delete histoy.i it will work. (i soppose maya, right)

sepehr
09-14-2002, 09:10 PM
Animate the uv map

Raptor235
09-16-2002, 03:07 PM
it's not texture based

sepehr
09-16-2002, 05:09 PM
So is it a procedural map?
What ever it is,I think you have to either change the xy of map...
or make it sphere and use free form deformation assigned to it.
then animating...
the ffd can be static so when sphere rotates,there will be no problem.

jabjab
09-17-2002, 01:22 AM
I have had this problem before and here is the fix.
The human eyeball is almost perfect spherical (except for the cornea part in the front of course). For a character though, you cant always have a perfect sphere for the final shape, but I recommend STARTING with a sphere. Then you can deform it into position with a lattice or a parent node that rescales it. The "Trick" is to animate the rotation of the eye in the child node (Before it gets deformed). Then the deformation will occur and the cornea will stay conformed with the new shape. Depending on the eye shape, stretching may occur, so dont make them too disfigured.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 04:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.