PDA

View Full Version : old man :: chris steel

grouse
12-22-2004, 05:40 PM
created over the last couple of nights. Finished for now, but would like some c&c. As this is more of a sketch i didn't want to put it in the Finished section.

In this picture I really tried to get back to my traditional art routes. Instead of going for the heroic scene, or really detailed character study I wanted to capture mood. It would be interesting to see whether or not you agree that I have done this. I have, for the first time, used my traditional painting techniques with a digital painting, espcially in terms of colour.

When I finished the piece, I thought that it looked to smoothe, and I therefore used the sharpen tool on various layers to pull out this bitty and almost pixely look to some areas.

Hope you enjoy.

http://www.onder.studio.btinternet.co.uk/cg/oldmanimage.jpg

robinayles
12-22-2004, 07:01 PM
Very nice, great mood. It is just a coincidence that he looks like Michael Caine?

grouse
12-24-2004, 05:30 PM
cheers man, yeah i used a photo of michael caine as reference from a magazine, aswell as two photos of my grandfather. I would post them, but I have no way of getting them online at present.

CGTalk Moderation
01-20-2006, 05:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.