PDA

View Full Version : Polar Express

beatoperator
12-22-2004, 09:29 AM
well, u probably already seen this movie...
what do you think about camera work here?

generally, I love how Robert Zemeckis is working. his camera work is really amazing. In dialogue scenes, he almost never uses est.shot, ots, CU pattern... his actors are always moving, and he have some very long shots working perfectly... then, his movies are never boring, he is always carefuly moving story forward...etc...

that is the case with Polar Express too.
I mean, he used camera very, very wise... taking advantage of computer graphics, he did not limit himself with standard camera setups. I really enjoying complicated and I think very creative long shots... absolutely astonishing mise-en-scène. but, none of that work is disctractive; all these odd and long shots serve the story... I imagined how much time he spent planning that very long shot of ticket flying around from the train, and then back to the train...
:applause:

malcolmvexxed
12-22-2004, 09:43 AM
Honestly i saw this movie in 3d imax so i was so blown away by the technology that i'll have to watch it again to judge the actual movie. Beyond my basic concerns like the fact that accurately animated and modeled children look creepy a lot of times especially at the age depicted, i don't have any opinions on the camera work.

beatoperator
12-22-2004, 09:54 AM
3d imax ??? :cry:
lucky you!

:)

CGTalk Moderation
01-20-2006, 06:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.