PDA

View Full Version : Compositing problem

asylum24
12-21-2004, 07:00 PM
Hopefully you guys can help.... Im trying to composite a chair I made into a picture using the fxtree. But I cant view the images or anything all of the clips or passes I bring in all say V: HDRI(an example of one of my passes) : undefined image , 100% in the viewer window I have no idea what that means or how to fix it. i can see my chair and the picture Im trying to composite it into but it just wont work. Im doing exactly what the principals of XSI dvd tutorial or whatever you want to call it, is doing but no workie... im using foundation if that helps...

Atyss
12-21-2004, 11:40 PM
I had this problem a lot when dealing with very large images (like above 2k). Not very useful information but you may want to try to reduce the image just to see it that would be the problem. If so, you could reexport your sequences in lower res through flipbook, then switch to the hires for the composite output, hoping the inputs will be properly taken...

Cheers
Bernard

JDex
12-21-2004, 11:51 PM
Hopefully you guys can help.... Im trying to composite a chair I made into a picture using the fxtree. But I cant view the images or anything all of the clips or passes I bring in all say V: HDRI(an example of one of my passes) : undefined image , 100% in the viewer window I have no idea what that means or how to fix it. i can see my chair and the picture Im trying to composite it into but it just wont work. Im doing exactly what the principals of XSI dvd tutorial or whatever you want to call it, is doing but no workie... im using foundation if that helps...
Foundation = No FX Tree

Atyss
12-22-2004, 02:25 AM
Duh? That really lured me! How come could you create an input node?

asylum24
12-22-2004, 02:23 PM
damnit! ok well taht fixes that.... so how exactly do i go about doing compositing work? any other way besides upgrading to essentials?

JDex
12-22-2004, 03:40 PM
Well... there's options...

If you have another compositing app, use that.

If you have PS you can use it via actions for animations... and then assemble in the flipbook.

The free option is http://www.jahshaka.com/, but it's pretty early in development.

You can't expect a pro-level compositing app to be included in a pro-level animation app for $500.

yog
12-22-2004, 03:51 PM
damnit! ok well taht fixes that.... so how exactly do i go about doing compositing work? any other way besides upgrading to essentials?You might try posting on the Lightwave forum.
Users that pre-ordered LW-8.0 recieved a free copy of Eyeon's DFX+. Although later versions were tied to your LW dongle, earlier versions came with their own dongle.

The reason this might be of interest is that DFX+ is PC only software, and a number of those that pre-ordered were MAC users.
I don't believe you would get it for free, but you could well get this very capable software at a reasonable price.

asylum24
12-22-2004, 04:20 PM
I have photoshop, but how would I go about doing compositing in it? it cant import pic files and if I save it out as something else, wouldnt it lose its ability to handle shadow, transperancy, etc passes?

bravmm
12-22-2004, 07:12 PM
There's a plugin for PS to open/save .PIC files if that helps. Search on www.edharriss.com. You could save in XSI as Targa or TIFF to preserve alpha.

Hope this helps,

rob

CGTalk Moderation
01-20-2006, 05:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.