PDA

View Full Version : PA Challenge - Character - LiFE

LiFE
02-08-2002, 09:13 AM
Hi everyone,
Specially to Pascal and Matt for giving me alot of inspiration to really get serious with 3d. :D

Im really kinda new to all this but luv a challenge and this whole challenge idea is just awesome, as everyone has already mentioned I'm sure!

I fully followed the last pirate challenge, reading most threads during work, hehe. and have decided to give this one a try.

Really for my own self learning and progress.
Luv to hear any feedback.
------------------------------------
my character is pretty much one of them outcast types.
This is how im gonna base him around.
The body is pretty much done but ill start yall with just the head.

(I hope this link works...)

-------------------------------------
1st pic removed (server)

LiFE
02-08-2002, 09:38 AM
Best do an update, since my connection has been non-existant for the last 3 days , the head was modeled, 4ish days ago and the body the past two days, and the image at the bottom is what i have been working on today.

Just would like to show my progress, ..
--------------------
ive also added a hood and given him rags for clothing, they blow in the strong winds (which is an often occurance now on earth).
settin the scene......

http://gid.freewebspace.com/02.jpg
**changed servers**

Facial Deluxe
02-08-2002, 11:53 AM
Hello Life,
I like the model, the anatomy is great and the pose is nice, I'd say "windy". I think something's wrong with the arm, where the biceps meets the forearm, but hey, it's a WIP. Very cool BTW, keep it up !

Cheers.

Facial.

Jhonus
02-08-2002, 02:47 PM
Hey man, thats pretty good for a first work, you can't expect much more.

Its good, you've got all the landmarks of the body in there... i think the cloth around the neck is especially good.

LiFE
02-08-2002, 02:55 PM
Facial: yeh i know about the arm, hehe. Ill try and fix that up, gotta figure out how it should look... :/
Thanks for the comments tho!

Krugar: im glad you took notice of the cloth, it took me ages, :) speed is definately something i have to work on, but its coming the more i work. Im pretty much just experimenting with the best way to work with modeling, so its a slow process.

Thanks for the comments, really appreciate it.

Update soon.

LiFE
02-09-2002, 03:04 AM
couple changes, dont know bout the shoulder armour tho...

http://gid.freewebspace.com/05.jpg
***changed servers***

jbrophy
02-09-2002, 08:37 PM
Heyas LiFE

Wow....does seem like we had the same sort of feeling in our images. I love the flowing wind look in your most recent post.

On to the crits

The hands look kind of odd to me. The fingers mostly I think. They almost seem webby

The legs seem way to short for the length of the upeer torso. Might just be the camera angle though

Not sur eif you are using max or not. But if you are, you mught want to try a relax modifier. That might help smooth some of the lines of the body a little.

Looking great. Keep up the good work

LiFE
02-10-2002, 07:05 AM
update:
some hair/dreads(alien style)
http://gid.freewebspace.com/04.jpg

jbrophy: yeh the hands are a bit funny, this is hte first character ive eva done, :) so im happy with them, im not realy sure what webby means.

i think the leg is short because the cam. angle and pose combined, i posted a side view to show a different angle, proportion is better it seems, in this one.

i think the low ride of the pants also makes it looks that way, hehe.

well theres my update, probed get bumped off the server in about 10 mins, ha !

big b
02-10-2002, 07:40 AM
Wicked.

Nice character. I've always loved the rebel/outsider characters.

Are you going to smooth ot the hard edges in the muscles, or is that the style you're going for.

Great start can't wait to see more.

LiFE
02-10-2002, 12:52 PM
big b: thanx man ! its awesome to get some encouragement eh. I have to work on the muscles a bit more,
they are a bit to cut arnt they.

LiFE
02-11-2002, 07:40 AM
could someone help me out with ideas.
this is my first model so im kinda clueless from here.
BE HARD, tell me im shit and give up or something. haha.
(creative side of the brain has packed its bags)

sherban
02-11-2002, 08:19 AM
how about you give him a warlock's staff, except instead of a staff it's like one of those old RKO microphones. that'd be cool. give him a 'Titus Andronicus' feel - mixed futuristic/Roman style.

and about those hard edges, I kinda like them. they give him style. I have the opposite problem where my subdivisions are too rounded for my tastes.

p.s. i don't care much for his loafers

Jhonus
02-11-2002, 05:51 PM
yes, his 'loafers' as Sherban put it, look quite modern and stylish for a PA theme IMHO

The shoulder armour is ok, it needs a strap and you should stylize it some more... make it taper off down to the elbow with a big long sharp point. hmmm, maybe... not sure how that would look.

ciao

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 12:39 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.