PDA

View Full Version : Lightwave Spline Help

ankalar
09-02-2002, 07:32 PM
Hello again, I was wondering if this was possible. I have a spline drawn, but it is curving in the wrong directions and I also want one of the corners to be an actual corner, not a rounded corner. Is there a way to edit how each point makes the curve? Or should I just draw the spline using bezier instead of spline draw? Sorry, I'm new to Lightwave and if this is a childish question, then I'm sorry about that.

proton
09-02-2002, 07:34 PM
you can adjust your spline by dragging the points...you can also flip the spline (f) is it's going the wrong way....

ankalar
09-02-2002, 07:40 PM
wow, fast reply, but the dragging the points didn't work, so now i'm just using bezier curves for the spline

Rabid pitbull
09-03-2002, 03:37 AM
not the bezier, it is too hard to control point count. Use open curves(CTRL+P) adjust as needed. the add point tool(under the construct tab) is useful to add detail as well. you can make corner by zooming way in and moving point so that you have 3 points in close proximity.

good luck:)

ankalar
09-03-2002, 03:48 AM
ok, thanks for the help, i tried the open curves and it worked well, so i think imight use those a little more. i used to model in 3d studio max, only polygon modelling, but now that i have my mac (my pc broke) i'm using lightwave. much different, but also much the same, i just have to learn all about splines and nurbs and stuff now. well, onto my model, see ya

DigitalDeuce
09-03-2002, 04:35 AM
bear in mind that LightWave doesn't have NURBS.

Spline modeling (patching), and Sub-D modeling are the 2 closest.

ankalar
09-03-2002, 04:37 AM
yea, i think i'm getting the hang of spline modelling now (yay!). Right now i'm modelling a car, you'll see what it is when i post progress in a couple days (maybe weeks or months depending on how long it takes me) let's just hope i do good.

proton
09-03-2002, 05:28 AM
can't wait to see your progress...good luck!

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 04:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.