PDA

View Full Version : Sin City Trailer

Solothores
12-21-2004, 07:04 AM
New Sin City Trailer

http://progressive.stream.aol.com/aol/us/moviefone/movies/2004/sincity_019736/sincity_trlr_01_dl.mov

Move over here for a Windows Media Version:
http://www.themoviebox.net/movies/2005/STUVWXYZ/SinCity/trailer.php

onlooker
12-21-2004, 07:21 AM
looks a lot better than the Fantastic Four :eek:

jStins
12-21-2004, 07:36 AM
Cool. Captures the style of the comic really well. Looking forward to this one. :)

Pentagramma
12-21-2004, 10:56 AM
Wow. Looks great - can´t wait to watch this!
And the cast choices are perfect. I mean, Elijah Wood as Kevin??

This one will be serious fun. :thumbsup:

stunner
12-21-2004, 12:33 PM
Argh, Jessica Alba ...:love::rolleyes:

polyplay
12-21-2004, 05:07 PM
i couldn't tell, are they going to be mixing in comic style characters w/ the actors like roger rabit? fantastic cast though. bruce willis can be a bore, but if he's got the right role he can be good. can't wait to see it!

roto baggins
12-21-2004, 06:32 PM
i'll get it a try

Tocpe
12-21-2004, 06:44 PM
Looks cool. I don't know anything about the original work, but I'd probably go see it based upon that trailer. :thumbsup:

SheepFactory
12-21-2004, 06:54 PM
I havent read the comic either but the trailer looks great.

SpiralFace
12-21-2004, 07:04 PM
wow, thats looking realy good.

I'm glad that they kept the entire blown out color style that miller had in the comic. I'm realy glad they tryed to make it look like the original comic.

Can't wait for this one.

DeathTrip
12-21-2004, 07:22 PM
Looks awesome! I havent read the comic though...

polyplay
12-21-2004, 07:36 PM
any of you guys who haven't read the books should totally check them out. great comics! frank miller is the man. "Hard Boiled" and "Big Guy and Rusty the Boy Robot" are other Miller must reads.

crazy3dman
12-21-2004, 07:36 PM
Don't really know anything about the comic, I love the style in that trailer though ....but that chin - yikes! :)

KolbyJukes
12-21-2004, 07:39 PM
i'm seriously freaking out.

The previous trailers and comiccon footage were promising, but this is insane.

Rodriguez and Miller are really doing the comic justice....

goddamn. I can't wait to see Kevin kicking Marv's ass. I'm wondering if they can get away with all the violence in the comic, like Marv killing Kevin, and Hartigan killing the yellow bastard. Seems like the kinda stuff that could land them an NC-17 rating.

-K.

leigh
12-21-2004, 07:50 PM
This is much cooler than the previous trailer. I've not read the books before but having watched this trailer I can get a better sense of the stories involved and the characters :)

dotTom
12-21-2004, 08:03 PM
Stylistically this is insanely close to the original stark black and whites of the comic. Oh how I wish HellBoy was given this treatment. Hey ho, maybe the HB sequal will be closer to its source.

Do folks think what with Sky Captain and Sin City we might, finally, be entering an era when adult friendly action movies can move away from photo-realism and into something more interesting - like the great old black and white movies of yesterday with their great stylistic lighting and silhouette and profile shots. I'm so bored by photo-realism.

heavyness
12-21-2004, 08:26 PM
Do folks think what with Sky Captain and Sin City we might, finally, be entering an era when adult friendly action movies can move away from photo-realism and into something more interesting - like the great old black and white movies of yesterday with their great stylistic lighting and silhouette and profile shots. I'm so bored by photo-realism.
yes.

its going to be very hard for the general public not see this movie [with some of these high profile actors being in it.] it will show that just becuase the movie is based on a comic or video game, they're not made for kids and attract more of an older, sophisticated crowd. [and hopefully make money].

looks freakin' sweet

leigh
12-21-2004, 09:16 PM

I'm not sure what you mean - there is a lot of photorealistic CG in this very film. Are you saying that you wish there were more "animated/stylised" (for lack of a better description) films aimed at adults?

DAZZAN
12-21-2004, 09:23 PM
Well,the good news is that Mr Miller is directing one of the segments,and yes this is totally live action with a mix of the famous Sin City art style.

Of course, this does bode well for a certain 55 year old billionaire to come out of retirement and onto the big screen.....it will happen one day.

Bentagon
12-21-2004, 10:37 PM
I'm not sure what you mean - there is a lot of photorealistic CG in this very film. Are you saying that you wish there were more "animated/stylised" (for lack of a better description) films aimed at adults?I think he wants to get rid of the cliché that all stylised movies are for kids, which would cause more and more interesting projects like these to rise, instead of always doing every movie in the same style. So they can finally use graphics to enhance the story for a broad audience, instead of just being another fx or "gadget".

I hadn't heard anything about this movie before, but I'll definitly be seeing it when it's released! Finally a real comic book feature.

- Bentagon

tevih
12-21-2004, 11:07 PM
Never even heard of the comic book - but WOAH!!! that was an AMAZING TRAILER! the look and feel was awesome!! I'm going to see this!!

mychaleg
12-21-2004, 11:19 PM
Marv's face is really overdone. i'm going to enjoy the hell out of this film, but damn man that makeup is taking me back to Dick Tracy and that chin is on par with Tim Curry's character in Legend. that's bound to put off your standard moviegoer. i guess what i'm saying is they had to have a killer cast to defray the chin factor.

trthing
12-22-2004, 01:30 AM
Variety has confirmed that Quentin Tarantino :eek: has directed part of Robert Rodriguez and Frank Miller's big-screen adaptation of the latter's "Sin City" graphic novel series.

heavyness
12-22-2004, 05:36 AM
Variety has confirmed that Quentin Tarantino :eek: has directed part of Robert Rodriguez and Frank Miller's big-screen adaptation of the latter's "Sin City" graphic novel series.
damn, it keeps getting better!

Gentle Fury
12-22-2004, 04:48 PM
Actually, did anyone hear what that was all about. Robert Rodriguez did some score for Kill Bill 2 for $1, and Quentin is directing a scene from Sin City for $1.....lol

Bentagon
12-22-2004, 05:16 PM
that's A Band Apart for ya, I guess...

- Bentagon

lanedaughtry
12-22-2004, 05:22 PM
Oh.

My.

F'in.

God.

That is one of my favorite comic series of all time and I can't believe how well they played to the characters and even some of my favorite frames from the comic itself. They have a bunch of my favorite actors also.

I think I need some alone time...

-L

leigh
12-23-2004, 02:31 AM
Actually, did anyone hear what that was all about. Robert Rodriguez did some score for Kill Bill 2 for $1, and Quentin is directing a scene from Sin City for $1.....lol

Yeah it was some favour for a favour thing, I read somewhere :) How true that is... well I don't know.

Frank Lake
12-23-2004, 06:42 AM
The trailer kicks butt!

I've ALWAYS been a hugh fan of the Sin City art style. It's so ANTI-DC/MARVEL! :scream: I just wish they would've used Frank Millers version of Batman for the new movie! I just hope that this prompts even further interest in the non-mainstream comicbooks....

Concrete anyone??? :lightbulb

chromiumjade
12-23-2004, 07:04 AM
Originally posted by mychaleg:
Marv's face is really overdone. yeah, but...that broken, ruined face is Mickey Rourke -- it's almost impossible to see the pretty bad boy from "Rumblefish". Years of boxing and botched plastic surgery have made him an interesting choice for Marv. He's a Method actor so I can see him easily getting into the role!

The trailer is amazing. How refreshing it is to see black & white and those gorgeous splashes of primary colors. After seeing it, I started rereading Sin City tonight. Hmmmm....if this does well, perhaps once more for the Dark Knight?

Zarf
12-23-2004, 07:11 AM
All I can say is....

FINALLY!

A comic book adaptation that seems to be going really really well (instead of just 'ok' or 'good'). I assume Frank Miller's experience with Hollywood helped him in negotiating a good deal for this one. Too bad he hasn't done anything interesting in a long while.

Now if only the Elektra movie were based on the series by him and Scienkiwicz(sp?) and tryed to translate the visual style of the source material to the big screen :love:

Cheers,
Zarf

spnhead
12-23-2004, 07:29 AM
It's confirmed: CGTalkers do crack before posting.

I must have watched a different trailer or something because what I saw does not resemble anything that could possibly be described as cool.

My predictions:

1. The critics will savage this film.
2. Audiences will ignore this film.
3. Alexis Bleidel will never be seen in a movie ever again.
4. This film will set a record for most Razzies.
5. And Jessica Alba will get a lot of work.:)

Frank Lake
12-23-2004, 08:18 AM

I must have watched a different trailer or something because what I saw does not resemble anything that could possibly be described as cool.

My predictions:

I think that you mis-posted this. Clearly it was meant for the Elektra movie thread. :p :scream:

The humor aside it was writing like SinCity that brought movies like Pulp Fiction to the fore front. Frankly you sound like the ignorant masses that listen to pop music and really believe everything your government tells you. :rolleyes:

VFXJ
12-23-2004, 06:58 PM
Rodriguez resigned his DGA membership so that he could co-direct with Frank Miller. Quentin Tarantino will be billed as a guest director.
Ive been working on this film for the last 3 months and it is definately looking very cool.

FUG1T1VE
12-23-2004, 07:06 PM
sin city trivia (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0401792/trivia) from imdb.

interesting stuff in there.

polyplay
12-23-2004, 09:24 PM
that imdb trivia is bad as hell. what does it mean for Rodriquez that he resigned? No health benefits? And why should the Guild care if directors share the credit?

I still can't get over this cast.

Zarf
12-23-2004, 11:49 PM

My predictions:

you forgot number 6: a lot of people will have a ton of fun watching a great film while armchair critics sit at home feeling miserable because theres never anything 'cool enough' for them to do with their time. :argh:

Zarf

dotTom
12-24-2004, 07:44 AM
Apple have a much better quality version of the trailer up.

http://www.apple.com/trailers/miramax/sin_city.html

Ed Bittner
12-24-2004, 01:36 PM
Wait, just wait 'till you see what Elijah Wood's character Kevin is. That's right, WHAT he is. I don't think one can imagine a bigger departure from Frodo.(Not wanting to give away spoilers). I've got the entire set of Sin City and I tell you, this is perfect. Go to the local comic shop and find an issue, ANY older one. You'll see what I mean. R R is my hero.
E.

titaniumdave
12-24-2004, 02:07 PM
I think that you mis-posted this. Clearly it was meant for the Elektra movie thread. :p :scream:

The humor aside it was writing like SinCity that brought movies like Pulp Fiction to the fore front. Frankly you sound like the ignorant masses that listen to pop music and really believe everything your government tells you. :rolleyes:
Wow, so he doesn't like the trailer and all the sudden hes branded part of the "ignorant masses". You sound like the average holier than thou type thats to blinded by your own arrogance to see your ignorance. Please come down from your ivory tower.

As for the movie the trailer does look pretty good but I remember seeing that first 10 minutes clip awhile back and falling asleep. :shrug:

endseason
12-24-2004, 10:47 PM
well back in 94 the frank miller's saga really influenced me a lot and gave me lotta motivation to move to the arts field... i found very cool the trailer and i agree about it seemong to be one of the coolest comic to movie transition...

it surprised me a lot knowing frank miller was working on the direction of the movie...pretty good know he will try to keep the movie in sin city style and not just another comic movie with not much to say.

can't wait to see it.

Frank Lake
12-25-2004, 05:33 PM
Wow, so he doesn't like the trailer and all the sudden hes branded part of the "ignorant masses". You sound like the average holier than thou type thats to blinded by your own arrogance to see your ignorance. Please come down from your ivory tower.

As for the movie the trailer does look pretty good but I remember seeing that first 10 minutes clip awhile back and falling asleep. :shrug:
Actually I was railing against the elitest statement and snobbish "I know how to make a better movie!" attitude.

Ya know, like your's. :p

CArnold03
12-25-2004, 09:36 PM
I mean this with the utmost respect. Screw you, screw you, and screw you. Forget the debating, arguing, and accept the serious potential that this flick is going to freakin' rock. Folks may be talking about this flick for a while soon and after it's done. If you can make better movies, zshut up and put yer money where your mouth is. Think this flick might suck, same thing, try and make one better. That said, god's in his heaven, all's right with the world.

titaniumdave
12-26-2004, 05:46 PM
Actually I was railing against the elitest statement and snobbish "I know how to make a better movie!" attitude.

Ya know, like your's. :p
Uhh when did I say I could make a better movie? :curious:

RobertoOrtiz
12-27-2004, 03:10 AM
Knock it off guys.

-R

Apoclypse
12-28-2004, 03:29 AM
With Quentin Tarantino as a guest director how can you even think that this movie will suck. The trailer looked kind of wonky to me when I saw the first few shots in the beginning then it dawned on me that the trailer is very tarantino and very pulp fiction. As it should be as the comics must have isnpired tarantino to no end.

Wilson-3d
12-28-2004, 05:15 PM
I thought the last trailer was great and this one gets me even more excited. As a big fan of the comic and Frank Miller - I feel this really is the comic book brought to the screen. I hope it does well. I kind of feel it well not do so good at the box office and will be known as an instant cult classic. Just because I feel a lot of prople will wright it off from the get go because it looks different. But who thought people would actully go to a movie with subtitles when "Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon" came out. I really hope it gets a good buzz and the general public will check it out and give it a chance.

CArnold03
12-29-2004, 12:29 PM
Anyone know the name of the music playing in the background of the trailer?

Solothores
12-29-2004, 12:52 PM
'Cells' by THE SERVANT

Good Place for such information:
http://www.chasingthefrog.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=8

cheers
Solo

PaulGanguly
12-29-2004, 10:29 PM
Thanks a lot for finding that. Although, now upon hearing the song, I wish it was just instrumental. The lyrics are kind of bland.

The music and production though are really pretty impressive.

*EDIT*
Woah, this is the first of my posts to actually show up!! So, um...

Hi Everyone

THX
12-30-2004, 12:26 AM
i hope all those stories in sin city tie in all together like in pulp fiction...:shrug::sad:
ya...

Gentle Fury
01-01-2005, 02:43 PM

My predictions:

I understand your apprehension......thought this will be a phenominal movie, if you never were into the books I don't think most would really get the style, especially if your into mainstream movies. This one (oddly enough with Bruce Willis in it) will surely go the way of 12 Monkeys, by far one of the greatest movies of the mid-90s that was totally shunned in theaters by the masses and adored by the movie-buffs. Now it is a cult-classic.

I honestly don't see much mainstream interest in this at all.....as a matter of fact the only reason I can see this one even releasing wide is because of the cast.

BTW I CANT FREAKIN WAIT TO SEE ELIJAH!!! I hope they keep his fate intact........should be very very cool! (for those that read the books know exactly what im talking about..... )

RobertoOrtiz
01-03-2005, 03:14 AM
Sin City Clip!

http://www.thecinemasource.com/ver2/trailer.php?id=1335&folder=sincity

-R

winfred_louder
01-03-2005, 03:45 AM
I love how this movie is turning out, especially with Quentin Tarantino doing some directing. The overall visual 'feel' seems great. I've never read the comic but after watching this trailer I really want to check it out.

-W_L

Gentle Fury
01-03-2005, 03:52 AM
Holy Crap!!! That was freakin AMAZING!!! I'm so glad Rodriguez is doing this movie.....and he even got Miller the Co-Director credit!! This is going to be the best movie of the year..........I'm so happy to see this turning out like this....with so many disapointments this one is actually looking exactly as I pictured it should look when i first read the books like 5 years ago!

Hey, maybe Spielberg will sign on to do a "Maus" Movie......that would probably have to be animated though.....

Gentle Fury
01-03-2005, 03:53 AM
i hope all those stories in sin city tie in all together like in pulp fiction...:shrug::sad:
ya...
That is kinda how the books were though....the timeline was all messed up.

CGTalk Moderation
01-20-2006, 06:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.