PDA

View Full Version : Tim Burton’s Corpse Bride Pic!

Lord3d2
12-21-2004, 01:08 AM
Found this over at IESB

http://inlandempirestrikesback.net/v-web/gallery/WB05/CBFC_02

Looks Great!!

Sciatica
12-21-2004, 02:48 AM
:drool:
Every day brings this film closer and closer... I can't wait!!!
Wicked looking screenshot ^_^ In the very least, we are gaurenteed that the film will have an awesome atmosphere. :)
I seem to remember reading though that Corpse Bride wasnt actually a Burton film.. Am I correct in this? I know he plays a part, but I seem to remember it was just something like producer or something.. not actually directing? Are my wires crossed?

Spacelord
12-21-2004, 05:05 AM
It sure has that Tim Burton feel to it, Looks amazing !!
It kind of looks 3D but that fabric looks to real, so I'm guessing its Stop mo.

SegFaultII
12-21-2004, 05:17 AM
any more infos about that? whos producing the movie?

Mooncalf
12-21-2004, 05:49 AM
I love this look, and I can't wait for the film! :)

Incidentally, does anyone know if the character designer is the same person (people?) who worked on The Periwisg-Maker? (http://www.idealstandardfilm.de/periwig-maker.html) The style looks nearly identical...

- M

b.Schulz
12-21-2004, 06:08 AM
awesome!! looking forward to it.

Gein
12-21-2004, 06:58 AM
any more infos about that? whos producing the movie? I think it's Vinton Studios.

http://www.vinton.com/home.html

MattDixon
12-21-2004, 07:00 AM
Looks great, doesn't it. I can't wait for this!

The direction is split between Tim Burton and Mike Johnson, with Burton also taking the producer credit. It's being handled by Vinton Studios - http://www.vinton.com/home.html

Johnny Depp, Helena Bonham Carter, Christopher Lee, Albert Finney, Joanna Lumley and Richard E Grant all look to be confirmed as voice talent, and Elfman's on board to provide music ( naturally ) so I think we can assume this will be pedigree Burton.

edit: Gah! Sneaked in while I was posting, Gein! ;)

AlyFell
12-21-2004, 12:03 PM
I love this look, and I can't wait for the film! :)

Incidentally, does anyone know if the character designer is the same person (people?) who worked on The Periwisg-Maker? (http://www.idealstandardfilm.de/periwig-maker.html) The style looks nearly identical...
- M The puppets and costumes for 'The Perriwig Maker' were done, I believe, by MacKinnon and Saunders, who have worked with Burton before on 'Mars Attacks', so there is a good chance there is some crossover. Looks wonderful though! I can recommend the work of Barry Purves if peeps like 'The Perriwig Maker'.

Sciatica
12-21-2004, 12:15 PM
The direction is split between Tim Burton and Mike Johnson, with Burton also taking the producer credit.
Ahh cool :) Thanks for the the info. I guess I was half right :p

assafk
12-21-2004, 12:22 PM
Theres also a pic from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory in that site...

http://inlandempirestrikesback.net/v-web/gallery/WB05/2500Dr?full=1

nice pic...!

Lord3d2
12-21-2004, 01:07 PM
What do you think they are looking at?

AlyFell
12-21-2004, 02:05 PM
What do you think they are looking at? Augustus Gloop going up the pipe! :) In the Charlie pic... in the Corpse Bride... no idea!

Lord3d2
12-21-2004, 02:27 PM
Yeah, thats probebly right or maybe the first appearnce of the oompa loompas.

embodiedform
12-21-2004, 03:41 PM
It kind of looks 3D but that fabric looks to real, so I'm guessing its Stop mo.
The caption from the picture says stop motion but I think it would be cool to see Burton have a go at incorporating some CG elements- anyone know if he has an aversion to CG or its just a matter of preference for him?

Rivendale
12-21-2004, 03:58 PM
Bring on the gloom!
Looks really nice, looking forward to this.

CML

Lord3d2
12-21-2004, 04:01 PM
This is what Tim had to say about using CGI

http://actionadventure.about.com/cs/weeklystories/a/aa120203.htm

"Burton insisted on other real effects, such as parking a car in a tree. “People go, ‘Oh, we can just CG that in.’ Well no, it’s important to have the car in the tree. "

on Big Fish

Martin_G_3D
12-21-2004, 04:42 PM
Looks good, it really has this look about it that makes you think of a night before christmas

peeps
12-21-2004, 05:21 PM
Burton did chose CG over model animation for mars attacks, a whole load of Martian stop mo puppets were actually made but ditched when he saw what the CG guys had done.

Corpse Bride is being shot at a studio in London,puppets by mackinnon and saunders

agreenster
12-21-2004, 05:29 PM
Wow. Why is this the first time I've heard about this? I love Tim Burton (anyone remember Stainboy?-lol) and I love Vinton's work.

Burton is definitely an auteur--all of his work looks SOO similar. Some people view it as bad or unoriginal, but others (like me) understand that he has a style he is loyal to.

Cool beans--I really want to see this

go go go
12-21-2004, 08:41 PM
that looks amazing. wow.

:eek:

erilaz
12-21-2004, 09:52 PM
I like the fact that Burton has a close-knit crowd of people that love to work with him, especially Depp and Elfman.

Bentagon
12-21-2004, 10:31 PM
Yes, tim burton and johnny depp are an incredible duo. Tim Burton is a great director with a lovely style, and johnny depp is simply one of the (if not thé) best actors of this moment.

I hadn't heard about this project eather, but it looks promising!

- Bentagon

SpiralFace
12-22-2004, 02:13 AM
This is stop motion? wow. I was convinced it was CG. The hair details on the guys head and the fingers with no deformations made me think this was going to be a CG picture, but if its Stop motion, more power to it! I LOVE Nightmare, hope this one is good.

sforsyth
12-22-2004, 09:10 AM
This looks class!
Roll on the Burton/Depp combination. Can't wait to see this.
agreenstar: I'd be surprised to hear anyone call Tim Burton unoriginal though... He's got a style that anyone can pick up on, and that alone shows his originality. The word Burtonesque has practically entered our dictionaries.

kmest
12-25-2004, 10:42 PM
wow,that looks gr8.
i'm a diehard fan of tim burton and i think "the nightmare befor christmass" is one of the best animations ever made.i've seen it 10923^$#%^ times and i still love to see it.

looking forward to see this movie :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

aha...anyy one here saw "vincense"?tim's first animation?

Martin_G_3D
12-25-2004, 10:57 PM
I noticed this movie will come out on september 23, what do you people reckon a movie like this would do at the box office?

I hope it will do good but I also hope it won't steal away millions from Serenity which will come out at the 30th :)

I think I will be in america in august and september next year so I'll catch both movies in theaters on release day me thinks :)

vfx
12-27-2004, 01:41 PM
At last a pic!!! Wow! What more can I say - I'm just waiting patiently now for a good 2 hr story - and perhaps songs??? Anyway, lets hope that now disney are recognising the beauty of nightmare, this will get good reviews and good ratings - which equals more stop motion!

Go Burton!

Dutchman
12-29-2004, 11:44 AM
Awesome style in that picture! The characters are really well formed, and Depp looks like Depp also! ;)

I like the fact that Burton has a close-knit crowd of people that love to work with him, especially Depp and Elfman.I like that to! :)

I freakin' can't wait for the release! :bounce:

SamChen
12-30-2004, 11:54 AM
I think this will be great. I wonder if Henry Selick will be involved. Much of Nightmare Before Christmas' success should be attributed to him. I still run into people all the time that think Tim Burton directed that film. No doubt that it was Tim Burton's genius and his collaboration w/ Elfman that brought the film to where it is... the question is, does Burton need Selick's collaboration in order to repeat or surpass Nightmare? Being a Burton fan.. I was quite disappointed with "Big Fish." That was such a misfire IMHO.

dilipale
12-30-2004, 01:01 PM
Hi all,

I'm one of the animators on the Corpse Bride. Glad to hear that you are all excited about a non CG movie.

Just to answer a few question:

Mooncalf, you were right to make the link between The Periwig-Maker and The Corpse Bride they are both character designed by Carlos Grangel. He is an amazing guy, and does a lot of work for Dreamworks. Tim Burton did have a hand in some early designs, but most of what you see is down to Carlos. Incidentally, I also animated The Periwig-Maker.

Machinnon & Saunders made all the puppets.

Tim Burton was much more hands on during the pre-production stage of the film, set up the style, casting and such. Of course, Mr Burton is the guiding force on the project, but Mike Johnson is the guy we animators have to try and please everyday.

Henry Selick is not involved.

There will be very limited CG elements in the film.

Hope this answers a few question.

wayward780
12-30-2004, 01:02 PM
I have to agree with Big Fish being a bit bland. This looks beautiful from the screenshot though. I pumped.

Boone
12-31-2004, 08:56 PM
Re: Dilipale.

This film is very eagerly awaited over at StopMotionAnimation.com...its really nice to see another class stop-mo film in the works.

Best of wishes for its production!:cool:

Vilpep
01-01-2005, 05:40 AM
My goodness.Looks excellent,really excited for this.:drool:

Lord3d2
01-01-2005, 05:51 AM
For those that didnt know, the release date is

09/23/2005

Synopsis:

What do you do when you inadvertently marry a corpse?

Returning to the painstaking stop-motion animation he employed with amazing success in The Nightmare Before Christmas, Tim Burton presents a hair-raising legend based on a 19th-century Russian folktale, in which a young man mistakenly weds a corpse while on a two-day trek to the village of his real bride-to-be. It is up to the groom's flesh-and-blood fiancée, who has been pining for the arrival of her intended, to face her wraith-like rival and make peace with her by promising to live her dreams for her and by vowing to remember her always. Only then are the living bride and groom free to proceed with their own wedding ceremony in the warmhearted fable Tim Burton's Corpse Bride.

gruvsyco
01-01-2005, 02:33 PM
Just in case it's not known (since Selick's name was mentioned), Henry Selick is working on a stop motion production of Coraline.

http://www.mousecircus.com/coraline/flash/coraline.html

teabgs
01-01-2005, 07:01 PM
Re: Dilipale.

This film is very eagerly awaited over at StopMotionAnimation.com...its really nice to see another class stop-mo film in the works.

Best of wishes for its production!:cool:

Dilipale is a member at sma.com as well. Different username though ;)

SUB7NYC
01-04-2005, 06:09 AM
Looks good, its about time burton stops remaking old movies

Lord3d2
01-19-2005, 04:51 PM
Future Official Site of Tim Burton's Corpse Bride

www.corpsebride.net (http://www.corpsebride.net)

Neil
01-19-2005, 07:38 PM
Wouldn't it be cool to be one of the actors that a director always goes to?
Like Depp with Burton.
Hanks with Spielberg.
Cambell with Rami.
etc.

CGTalk Moderation
01-20-2006, 05:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.