PDA

View Full Version : Dispalcement maps blending according to different blendshapes

Pickman
12-20-2004, 10:00 PM
Hi there, I'm currently working with Maya and zbrush to make an android face. I feel comfortable with modeling but I'm quite new to maya interface (coming from a max background).

I've looked in the hypershade and I'm trying to blend my four displacement maps, I read the doc quite a lot and found very difficut to put these up, Apparently I would need a plusminusaverage node to calculate the difference between two maps, set it to substract to get the difference between them. I'm stuck afterward, How do I link the result to my blendshape 1 ???. Has anyone tried it and would be kind enough to show their node hierachy and maybe explain a little the process ?
THX alot :-)
Don't know If I should post it in the animation section or the rendering one for both sections are involved ?

Pickman
12-27-2004, 09:05 AM
Hi there, Is everyone sobbering up from Christmas ??
Any idea about my problem ?
:-)

cryolab
12-27-2004, 01:07 PM
if you want to blend the displ. maps if the blendshape is active i would use driven keys

so 1.take all 4 maps put them in one +/- average node
2. set driven keys to the alphagain connected to the blendshape (if blendvalue is 1 >alphagain is 1 too (or higher) -- the blendshapes must be the driver :)

do this for all the 4 maps

i hope this work

greets

csven
12-29-2004, 07:27 PM
maybe this thread will help: http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=191260

Pickman
12-31-2004, 12:40 PM
Thx a lot guys, cryolab, that's exactly what I was looking for, but have you tried it, it doesn't seem to work with the hypershade, maybe I need another node to match the blendshape output with the displacement map. I'm getting there, I 'll let you know if I find the solution.

cseven, not quite sure it 's waht I'm looking for, but thx anyway.
THX again guys.

cryolab
12-31-2004, 02:11 PM
Thx a lot guys, cryolab, that's exactly what I was looking for, but have you tried it, it doesn't seem to work with the hypershade, maybe I need another node to match the blendshape output with the displacement map. I'm getting there, I 'll let you know if I find the solution.

cseven, not quite sure it 's waht I'm looking for, but thx anyway.
THX again guys.
http://cryolab.webspace4free.biz/temp/blendshape_displace.ma

check this out

caretz
01-03-2005, 07:14 AM
ok cryolab very cool I get there too with procedural maps
for some reason that I completely ignore when I plug in the very same network 2 images rgba 16 bit I get no chance to feed their out alpha in the single input 1d of the Plus\minus\average Node

I mean if I plug one it disconnec the other one...I m going crazy like horses...maaaann

anyone experienced anything similar or knows what I m doing wrong????

tnx to all

cryolab
01-03-2005, 07:42 AM
in the 1d input there is a submenue you must connect one map to [0] the next to [1] and so on

:)

--conect them directly in hypershade with the little arrows in the nodeicons--

caretz
01-03-2005, 07:53 AM
actually when I try to do that it just switch one with another map
it is very wired becasue it allowed me to do it with procedural map

maybe problems reading tiff rgba?

the sublayer like U say pops up if I plug it into the input3D

I ll guess is a matter of format I ll change it and keep updated

tnx bro

caretz
01-03-2005, 08:23 AM
I changed format but still the same prob

is there a way maybe maya get lazy or me.....to get this sublayer of the connection input 1D to show

it just keep override every single connection and let me feed only one....

bah...

any idea?

cryolab
01-03-2005, 08:45 AM
its important that u connect the outalpha to the 1d input

then nothing works u can make this connection with the command just change the nodenames to yours
but i think it must work with the hypershade then u use the outalpha..

connectAttr -force file1.outAlpha plusMinusAverage1.input1D[0];
connectAttr -force file2.outAlpha plusMinusAverage1.input1D[1];

caretz
01-03-2005, 10:11 AM
cool man that worked

see the importance of learning MEL my mother always told me ......

learn MEL ! but I never listen

thanks a lot man I m one step further to have animated displ map driven by blend shape

....beside anyone any luck with inverting the target to create a clean blend?

CGTalk Moderation
01-20-2006, 05:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.