PDA

View Full Version : Motion blur on single obj

belly80naz
09-02-2002, 12:17 PM
Hello guys!

I've got an animation with a cube that falls in the water and some particles simulate the effect of the bubbles that go on.
But I want to apply the motion blur only to the cube. How can I do?
I read in the "Shader, lights & cameras" manual (page 279-280) that I must create a 'motion blur' property for the sinle objects: one for the cube and one for the particles and set to on or off the motion blur check, but in the render region i've got the motion blur on every objects in the scene. Why?

thanks in advertise for all suggestions.

EdHarriss
09-02-2002, 04:02 PM
1. Make 2 groups.

2. Apply "Get> Property>Motion Blur" to each one.

3. Turn off the blur property for one group.

4. Put the objects you want to blur into the group that you did not unheck the blur property for and vice versa.

5. Turn on motion blur in the rendering options.

belly80naz
09-03-2002, 10:48 AM
Yes Ed!
It's exactly the manual's words but on the particles have not effect. It's a bug or it's a unknow mistery?:shrug:

Try to do it on a particle group :thumbsdow

EdHarriss
09-03-2002, 12:41 PM
I think that particles have their own motion blur settings. Is it possible to render out your objects seperately and composite them with the FX tree?

belly80naz
09-03-2002, 03:51 PM
No, it's very difficult.
I've decided to render all without motion blur, but now, we know that the particles can't to be rendered without motion blur :shrug:. Doh! <--- Homer J. Simpson affermation;)

Thanks for all.
Bye

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 04:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.