PDA

View Full Version : Simbiont procedurals...

leigh
09-02-2002, 12:17 PM
... has anyone here got/used them?
If so, have any of you guys also experienced EXTREMELY slow rendering times when using them??
Any tips on speeding them up?
There are a couple of really cool ones, but the time that they are taking to render is just ridiculous.... :surprised

dark_lotus
09-02-2002, 12:31 PM
Yes Yes,

I too have them, i've only been able to get some of the shaders working, but yes a render time increase is noticeable.

Dunno what to do about it.

Lizard Head
09-02-2002, 07:01 PM
Thier Proceduals have always been a bit slow, More so since LW 5.6,, They used to make a convertor that would output the procedual based on a models UV's in LW and that would generate an image map that one could just apply to the model, heck of alot faster than using the proceduals,, but I dont see it at thier site just now

Also many do not know that one can use weight maps to control proceduals in LW here is a great tutorial on that matter a must for controling Proceduals

http://www.darksim.com/html/tslw2_wmap.html

Adios
Lizard*

Rabid pitbull
09-03-2002, 08:25 AM
maybe consider using the baker to make a image. i did this on a plane and made a few textures this way sort of slow, but the result yield much faster renders.

Bytehawk
09-03-2002, 11:35 AM
darktrees are great for making base textures,
bake them,
then paint further details

proton
09-03-2002, 01:33 PM
I worked with a guy that could duplicate any texture with Darktree...it was scary....that program is very powerful in the right hands....

He had it down to make a spinning fan with a steel grate over it....weird....

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 04:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.