PDA

View Full Version : WIP Ball Interaction

Aluuk
12-20-2004, 07:57 AM
I posted this in the general animation forum at the bottom of the list, but then I noticed this forum and realized it might be better placed here.

Hey everyone. This is an animation I have been working on for a little bit now. I think I have atleast a good week of more work to put into it (which probably means it won't get finished before x mas.) I know there is popping in the knees, and it is on my list of things to fix :), but other then that I am totally open to any crits or feedback (either positive or negative) which might help me improve this animation.

Thanks,

Leif

http://www.sora-ent.com/jeffers/3d/anim/Grape_small.mov
(please right click and save)

Siriol
12-20-2004, 01:25 PM
Very good stuff here mate, i like it! A suggestion though, i think when he's choking on the grape he should thump his chest and hack a bit before he drops dead. Otherwise nice!

paul.yan
12-21-2004, 05:34 AM
Aluuk - very solid animation!! the only critique I would make is in the timing. it starts off very nicely, but I want to see a *BEAT* after the grape drops into his throat - he chokes a little too suddenly. im expecting it to fall in, he takes time to gulp, then we realize he can't! he grasps at his throat, tries to hiemlich himself, and then another *BEAT* ack, he's dead. the grape popping out in response to his falling down looks very unnatural, maybe after he plops dead, he props back up to cough it out, and then collapses dead again. just some suggestions, don't mind the extra ideas - but the main point is the timing towards the end. it feels rushed towards the end, and some major timing beats would help process it nicely. really solid stuff :) keep up the good work

CGTalk Moderation
01-20-2006, 05:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.