PDA

View Full Version : Any nice rez female hair textures?

zenonithus
09-02-2002, 11:10 AM
I'm making a low detailed tennis player-like character with a small ponytail (quite short hair). does anyone know of any good references or have any images they could spare?

cheers

Edd

>edit< I've painted the hair now. Probably the best option.

leigh
09-03-2002, 10:25 PM
Yeah, I agree that for low-poly characters, painting the hair is most likely the best option :)
Hope it came out well ;)

tpe
01-13-2003, 08:36 AM
Hi there Edd, good to see you are still working hard, what happened with all those wonderfull female models you were doing? i was hoping to see some posts sometime.

As far as references, why dont you just look in the girlfriends fashion mags? even low poly a ponytail just looks like a pony tail, depending on texture res you can probably only put in some general shading with sharp yellow highlights stripped and following the upper edge of the hair flow?

tpe

zenonithus
01-13-2003, 12:52 PM
hi tpe, I ended up taking photographs from angles and using them for hair flow reference. I then scratch painted the hair (strand by strand). I've actualy just finished her third re-incarnation. The hair looks alot better now :)

"what happened with all those wonderfull female models you were doing?"

She works as a template now for work characters ;) I'll definately have to get back the discobaby version.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 04:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.