12-19-2004, 09:47 PM
Hi

Walking monkey on a ball.

http://www.anatzach.com/monkey.avi

Anat :)

HenningK
12-20-2004, 06:19 AM
Sweetness. Its really good.
Looks like he lands on the ball at the bottom of the halfpipe, but his feet arent moving fast enough to stay on the ball. Or maybe I couldn't see it on account of compression.

-hen

disrupt
12-20-2004, 02:05 PM
Yeah, this one has great potential. Fantastic weight and balance! There are 2 parts where you lose the feel of realism for me. The first jump seems a little rushed. I think he starts coming down too quickly from the apex of his jump. Remember gravity has to slow down and eventually stop his upward force before he can come down again. I think he needs that slight moment at the apex of his jump where he is neither going up or down. And then whey he is on his way down, he should gradually get a bit faster. Spend a little more time on that first take-off, apex and landing.

The other part that seems wierd is the second jump. I think when he lands the ball should have some type of change in speed. It seems unnatural that the ball would accept the weight of the monkey but not slow down at all. Or maybe the ball does a mini hop right after accepting the weight of the monkey. YOu know the ball will squash from the weight of the monkey and then do a little hop taking the monkey with it.

Great job though

Pinet
12-21-2004, 12:46 AM
woaah.. i would have headaches doin that :P
there may be some parts where theyre would be some retouches to do but i dont wanna go in the apex stuff ;P
I think theres a snap just when he starts gettin up on the ball, like it should have like 2 or three more frames so it wouldnt snap..
I like when he bounces on th ball at the end and the animation in general :D

CGTalk Moderation
01-20-2006, 05:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.