PDA

View Full Version : "Bob Parr"

revolucioncg
12-19-2004, 05:00 PM
the first lip sinc, what do you think? do you like it?

http://atlas.walagata.com/view.php?file=BobParr.wmv

TheGreat
12-19-2004, 05:49 PM
doesn't work. Anyone else having this problem?

revolucioncg
12-19-2004, 05:58 PM
working link

http://atlas.walagata.com/w/revoluciones/BobParr.wmv

AstroX100
12-19-2004, 07:38 PM
"So I got a big gut. Who cares, I'm lethal."

OMG that was funny! :applause:

Very nice animation. Your character was spot on, and I didn't see
anything wrong with the lip sync either.

I hope your going to do more animation.

mattmos
12-19-2004, 07:39 PM
Hmmm... Can't help feeling this is a really bad idea. You will just be compared to Pixar's work and come up short.

Then there's copyright to be considered, I'm sure Disney wouldn't take too kindly to this.

As for the work the lip synch is pretty rough, doesn't read well, and his chin doesn't move at all when he talks. The poses are not very dynamic, and very floaty inbetween. The soft render quality is quite nice though.

Do yourself a favour and create your own character to work with, it's a big showreel no no to put already animated characters on there, especially when there is no chance of reaching the level of quality that Pixar produces.

Sorry if this comes across as harsh!

revolucioncg
12-19-2004, 09:37 PM
im not triying to equal pixar because that would be imposible, i just made for funny, and nothing comercial

HenningK
12-20-2004, 06:54 AM
Voice sounds a little like Arnold Schwarzeneggar.
The lip sync is pretty bad. it looks like there's only two mouth shapes, open and closed. First, the jaw needs to move, then you've got to bring life to his whole face, especially eyes. The animation of the body is really floaty and unmotivated. Think of a few strong poses and hold on them rather than having his whole body flail around the whole time.
-henningk

revolucioncg
12-20-2004, 10:35 AM
i dont think that is too bad as you describe, but ok, its your opinion, what can i do for the lip sinc, to be more acuarete?

disrupt
12-20-2004, 02:50 PM
I have to agree with Mattmoss. To animators this character is practically sacred. Really thin ice you are treading on here. I know that was not your intention but how can we NOT compare this to Pixar's version?

ncxxf
12-20-2004, 04:40 PM
It's an unsuccessful work,I think!

dogbite
12-20-2004, 05:07 PM
try this one.

http://www.spinquad.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4023

you made a nice model,needs some work in the morph targets ,but a good idea.
just dont put it in your demoreel!!
i know i wont put mine

revolucioncg
12-21-2004, 12:31 PM
hey guys donīt be soo rough with me , is my firts human animation, i will going the upgradeit what are the major changes that its need, do you help me?

CGTalk Moderation
01-20-2006, 06:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.