View Full Version : Character: Pirelli girl

efreet007
12-19-2004, 02:42 AM
Hi,
I am a beginner and I need your critique

http://img150.exs.cx/img150/1852/pirellicgt0oc.jpg

3dTradNmore
12-20-2004, 06:23 AM
I love your eyes and mouth, thus far, they look pretty damn good. I really like the texture of the hair too, you can almost see yourself putting a brush through it. I think the problem with your picture right now more than anything is that it looks a little too flat. To unflatten the image and make it seem more 3-dimensional, I would say you would most indefintely have to work on you highlights and shadows. You want make your darks (especially on the skin) darker than what you currently have now. Plus, there should be a little more variation of that color inside the ear. I would also try to work in a couple of stray hairs from around the front of the neck area. This way it would make it not seem like such a cut out. Well i hope I was of some help, and I really do hope I remember the title of "Pirelli girl" because I most indefintely would love to see the progress. Good luck, and hope you have a great day, season, new year!

efreet007
12-20-2004, 11:01 PM
Thank you. I think I understood. I am going to work on shadows. However forgive me if I fail to improve. I am really a very beginner ;]

ralphmanning
12-21-2004, 02:50 AM
I like the under the chin/neck area. I appreciate that you are a beginner, but as 3dTradNmore rightly said, it defiantly looks too flat. Try to add more form. Work on the tone, add more shadows and highlights. It's actually quite hard when working with skin colour. As often colour can deceive you without you knowing. For example using too much saturation in the shadows as it only appears to be getting darker. Tricky I think. Therefore it may be an idea for you to desaturate a copy of what you have so far, improve upon the tone with grayscale, which you will find much, much easier. Then in Photoshop have your original image in a separate layer above it and set the layer style to 'colour'. Keep it up though. Good work so far, however it would be interesting to see the improvements… be sure to post it.

CGTalk Moderation
01-20-2006, 06:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.