PDA

View Full Version : First time I do clothes

Bytehawk
09-02-2002, 02:57 AM
thought I d' throw this in here,
if anyone knows a good technique on modeling clothes in LW, please share, I'm havin' a hard time
mostly lining up the cloth with the model, it keeps intersecting
any techniques you lot use?

PNelson
09-02-2002, 03:10 AM
Not to let the cat out of the bag, but I will.... :)

I saw William aka Proton working on a tutorial for the NewTek website about creating clothes for exisiting character models..

Keep your eyes open for this awesome tutorial... Should be on the NewTek site soon.

See Ya,
Philip Nelson
NewTek

CIM
09-02-2002, 03:32 AM
There's a plugin called KO_Pointfit that will help conform clothes to a figure.

proton
09-02-2002, 04:03 AM
I have created a tutorial for just this situation as Philip has mentioned...it is quick and easy....I'll try and get it online next week!

nx01
09-02-2002, 04:09 AM
I was just looking for a tutorial to do cloth sim myself...can't wait!!

Kaiser_Sose
09-02-2002, 04:41 AM
Clothes ...

I need to learn how to model a body

proton
09-02-2002, 04:46 AM
hehehe- baby steps Kaiser...baby steps....

particle
09-02-2002, 04:52 AM
bytehawk: your model is looking good so far. my only crit is that the fabric looks like it is taped onto her chest. I think the nipples are just a little too perky. thick fabric tends to hide them more. Overall though, I think it is look great. like kaiser said, I need to learn to model a body frist! Let us see how it turns out.

Bytehawk
09-02-2002, 11:13 AM
thanks for the comments

will try out that plugin

I know it kinda looks taped to the chest right now, that's what I'm having problems with. At some areas it needs to touch the body on others not.

agree 'bout the nipples, need to smooth the out a bit.

LW is fantastic 'innit...
used to play with it in a studio 20 mins away
just had LW to myself for about 2 months

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 03:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.