Anat
12-18-2004, 12:11 PM
Hi All

Run and jump animation test.

http://www.anatzach.com/run_jump.avi

thanks Anat :)

Nu Elemental
12-18-2004, 02:46 PM
I have to say the run is excellent. Good timing. I really like this up until the jump. I really can't put my finger on it, but its as if the jump does not match the character's gait. I think it may be the trajectory but I could be wrong. It is very very close to being perfect in my eyes. Nice work so far.

HenningK
12-20-2004, 07:45 AM
Another really nice one. Nu is right, the character seems to jump ahead too fast and his takeoff foot seems to slide. Maybe put a texture on the ground so we know his foot is planted.
Really fantastic otherwise. Landing directly into a run... thats some tough beans.
-hen

Anat
12-20-2004, 12:12 PM
Thanks for the replies :)

I will put a texture on the ground

so it will be more clear.

Anat.

disrupt
12-20-2004, 02:56 PM
Hey this is not bad. Beside what has already been mentioned, I would love to see him hit a more dynamic pose at the apex of his jump, and then hold it for a few frames. Something more comic book style to give it some flare. Also the contact frame when he lands seems wrong. It should be more of a "stretch" just before a squash. Your line of action could be alot stronger there.

Pinet
12-21-2004, 01:24 AM
cool loop :)
I dont like the left harm that goes foward just as the jumps start then snaps behind :S
It doesnt folow the motion but thats my pov :)

ush
12-21-2004, 01:43 AM
Everybody else already mentioned the part that I noticed.(about jump)
But,I really like your running animation.:)
Nice work.:applause:

CGTalk Moderation
01-20-2006, 06:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.