PDA

View Full Version : http://www.anarchy-online.com/ free until 2006

kex
12-16-2004, 09:46 PM
http://www.anarchy-online.com/ is were you can download your free copy of the multplayer online rpg for free plus a free subscribtion for until 2006. has this ever been done before? as it could break the trend of pay monthly subscriptions.

anyway its a blast to have a go on for free register quick as registration ends on the 15 of january.

titaniumdave
12-16-2004, 10:13 PM
Cool, I don't know much about the game but at that price its atleast worth a try.

catabolicmaster
12-16-2004, 11:17 PM
All right! Havent played this game since the beta.
Time to see how much better it has gotten...

Now if 817 Mb would download a little faster...

Deathcricket
12-16-2004, 11:55 PM
I know it sounds weird, but I am still really really mad at that game. When it was first released way back when, it was the single most horrid release ever. Game stopping bugs every 10 mins, couldn't leave the noobie training area, getting locked in vender shops for days at a time, even new characters getting deleted every time I logged off!

Looking back I should have just logged off for the first 2 months until they got their act together. But instead I remain bitter to this day for the agony I suffered playing (and I use the word loosely) that game when it first came out. Perhaps "trying" to play is more accurate. I have never wanted a refund for a product so badly in my life! You would think i would be over it by now? It's been what? - 2 years? Soo weird!

Back to the subject though. Having a MMOG for free is really not feasable. The costs involved must be staggering! I suspect this is a last ditch effort from this company to survive or perhaps boost expansion pack sales. Very good idea though! I believe a new game called Guild Wars will be free also, I haven't been following it closely since Final Fantasy XI and World of Warcraft pretty much take up all my game time, so don't quote me on that. :)

-Deathcricket-

Shade01
12-19-2004, 06:45 AM
Man I tried to play this game earlier today, and there's a definite reason why it isn't as popular. It's got a learning curve that I can't be bothered with. After being able to jump right in and starting playing other mmos like World of Warcraft, City of Heroes and Guild Wars, it felt really painful trying to figure out the interface. I also found a lot of their item and job descriptions to be overly vague and not very helpful. I'm sure once you get into it it's not so bad, but since there are other fun games out there, I'm not going to bother.

Deathcricket
12-19-2004, 07:13 AM
Interesting... How many worlds/servers do they have running and how populated did it seem when you played? Just wondering :)

AirbORn
12-20-2004, 04:27 PM
I heard about this game and I am wondering how good is it? Is it intense like most games are now-a-days such as Halo, half-life, etc? Or is it slow?

titaniumdave
12-20-2004, 05:37 PM
I tried it last night and have to say I wasn't all that impressed. I've never played a mmorpg before because I don't want to pay a monthly bill so I have nothing to compare it too. I don't think there was any bit of it that was appealing to me.

kex
12-20-2004, 07:25 PM
i played it the other day and it was very boring tbh from actually playing it

CGTalk Moderation
01-20-2006, 04:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.