PDA

View Full Version : WAR SOLDIERS Test Whip

TANGOMAN
12-16-2004, 08:09 PM
Here´s my new animation after long time ,just an attempt to try to make something less cartoon,I tryed to apply the animation principles more subtle,no reference was used ,hope you like it!

Divx Version 273 KB
SOLDIER SHOT Nē1 DIVX (http://www.vss-solutions.com/tangoweb/sniperdivx.avi)

MPEG Version 1.18 Megas
SOLDIER SHOT Nē1 MPEG (http://www.vss-solutions.com/tangoweb/snipermpeg.mpg)

-John-

TerianSilva
12-17-2004, 09:34 AM
Hi dude,
you should really put some attention in the motion flow. Make the animation more fluently. Especially the second soldier moves like a robot. And after the first soldier beckons the second one, he (the first one. Sorry for my humble english ;) ) is not moving anymore like a manikin.
I think you have a good start there but to make it believable, try adding more dynamic fluent movement.

greets,
Marcus

KevinKraeer
12-20-2004, 11:19 PM
I agree with TerianSilva.

This is a great start, I think it's getting there, but the second soldier, especially, is having a few problems. Specifically, his right leg flips and twitches a bit during the 'sneak'.

If you have a pole vector constraint or control object on that leg, it could probably be adjusted minimally to fix the problem.

Overall, though, the animation is a mix of really good and not-so-good. Don't forget about moving holds (when the first soldier stops). He shouldn't be teetering or heaving about, but some *slight* movement would help, i think. I also noticed that one or two of his footsteps seem to slide a bit. The beckoning motion is good, but could use emphasis and flow-through. Like if he leaned back on his left shoulder a tiny bit, and swung forwards during the beckon.

The second guy coul take some sneaky lessons from the first guy. The large footsteps that the first soldier takes, even with the little bugs, are pretty good. I'd try to replicate the same overall feel on the second guy.

Nice work so far though, looking forward to updates. Are you gonna do a whole piece?

Pinet
12-22-2004, 07:14 AM
hehe nice posts :)
the first guy looks cool but i dont understand why he curve hes legs like a crab so hes knees almost touchs the wall nyways hope you can get the picture :P
and like it was said before, make him do a light breathe movement or something while he waits the other guy.

I like the other guy but sometime it looks like he would brake himself something in hes legs because the way he snaps he legs :P

But its a cool scene, i think everything is there but some work on those things !

CGTalk Moderation
01-20-2006, 05:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.