PDA

View Full Version : Object do not "collide" :(

Wolfsflames
12-16-2004, 01:25 PM
How can i make objects hit eachother? Because im making a animation, and the object must fall on the ground and bounce futher trough the scene, only not hand keyframing :P

So i hope you can help me! :) Thx

monsoon3d
12-16-2004, 11:01 PM
with rigis body dynamics.
make the falling object (any object that might move caused by influences) active rigid body
(dynamics menue -> soft/rigid bodies -> active rigid body).
make the influencing objects (fixed collision objects like floor) as passive rigid body (dynam......->passive rigid body).

youŽll further need a gravity field for the standart influence or nothing will happen.

you can use other fields for effecting your object to get a starting action or you can
directly set starting conditions at its input rigidbody-node (initial influences, impulses ...) for
pushing it or what ever you like.

and activate those states you need, below in the rigid body solver (friction, bounciness, dynamics...).

(its all in the channel box or attribute editor).

as there are lot of attributes, youŽll find a detailed explanation in the maya help - but mostly are easy to understand.

-t-

monsoon3d
12-16-2004, 11:54 PM
oops, maybe i was too fast (thought this would be maya specific).
well, hope it is :D

kogakure
01-11-2005, 10:56 AM
Your right, but this could only be done with some kind of dynamic-module.
Otherwise you have to animate frame-by-frame.

CGTalk Moderation
01-20-2006, 05:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.