PDA

View Full Version : Weight Map - Character Problem

tom.lowe
12-16-2004, 12:06 PM
Weight Map Problem

I have been painting the weight maps for my latest character and had just finished the left arm going all the way along painting just the areas that I wanted to bend. As I finished each joint I toggled the Hold Weight so that they wouldn’t move.

Then I went to rotate the shoulder and the belly all starts moving and other areas that haven’t even got any weight painted on them.

I’m fairly new to all this stuff so can someone see what I am doing wrong?

The first picture shows the shoulder’s weight maps – as you can see the belly is all black and has no weight assigned to it.

The second and third picture shows the character after I have rotated his shoulder and as you can see the belly is all twisted and the belt is distorted also.

I haven’t completed all the joints on the character but I have selected all the joints around the shoulder including the spine and neck and they don’t have any weight on the belly either so I am really stuck.

Can anyone help?

anthonymcgrath
12-16-2004, 03:46 PM
try using the prune small weights command - that might remove some really small influences. Failing that you can remove the influence vertex/vertices in the edit deformer membership window

CGTalk Moderation
01-20-2006, 05:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.