PDA

View Full Version : Modeling curled edges on a piece of paper

jd333
12-16-2004, 07:11 AM
I know this is probably too simple to be asking here.... but here it goes...

I want to model the corners of a piece of paper that have curled up, inwards towards the center of the square sheet. I tried a few different things but nothing looks right. I made a piece of paper out of two curves lofted together. When I try to make the curled effect on the corners I am having a ton of trouble. It appears to be because the lines of the curves only run perpedicular. I think I need some type of x type isoparms running diagonally but don't know how to set it up.

Any help would be much appreciated.

monsoon3d
12-16-2004, 10:18 PM
well, to me everything works fine. as maya converts nurbs to triples anyway while rendering it doesn´t matter how your squares go.
if you´re using nurbs, then maybe you just have too few isoparms. as you work with curves it must be round enough. or because you loftet the surface this happens , because of the history. if you have the loft input node, then you have to delete the history, or you will cause two intersecting functions : a deformation away from base form AND a base form creation.

-t-

jd333
12-17-2004, 07:13 AM
I'll try reworking it based on your suggestions and see what happens. Thanks for replying.

CGTalk Moderation
01-20-2006, 04:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.