PDA

View Full Version : 16 x 9 Storyboard Templates

DCHAD
12-16-2004, 02:58 AM
Hey all! I am not sure if this has been posted or not already but does anyone have any really good Storyboard templates? I am looking for some widescreen templates. Their seem to be a slew of 4x3 on the web but I have been unable to find a good one representing film aspect ratios. Anyone have any good files or links?

Thanks
DCHAD

Shadow_545
12-16-2004, 04:21 AM
Well I personally made my own from scratch in photoshop, so if you want, I can post it as a jpeg and see if it fits what your looking for?

SoLiTuDe
12-16-2004, 05:24 AM
doesn't photoshop 8 have a built in template for hd? (and therefore widescreen)? i guess that doesn't completely mean film... but what about opening up a compositing app like combustion or ae and starting with one of their presets as the size basis.

DCHAD
12-16-2004, 05:37 PM
Some good ideas but let's post anything we have or can find for the community. I do have some standard ones I will post in the next week or so when I get back from traveling. Also what version of Photoshop has the template. Is it in 7.0?

Thanks
DCHAD

SoLiTuDe
12-16-2004, 09:27 PM
I don't know about 7. I have CS... i'll post it as a psd when I get home today.

Shadow_545
12-16-2004, 11:10 PM
Well, I didn't know about any of these templates your are atlking about, but this is what I made from scratch, I guess whatever works for you...

http://img145.exs.cx/img145/9866/Storyboardcopy.th.jpg (http://img145.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img145&image=Storyboardcopy.jpg)

Riptyde
12-17-2004, 05:47 PM
I usually make my own in 3DSmax. I creat a render ratio to whatever I want (there are plenty of pre-set ratios) and render a white scene, import it into Illustrator and snap black lines around the box to each of the corner points. I'm guessing most 3d progs have this ability.

mdurwin
12-17-2004, 07:08 PM
Hi guys,

I find the best way is to use a screen capture of After Effects stage with the safe areas turned on (action safe and title safe).
Lightwave comes with safe zone guides as well. For either program you just need to either set the composition size or camera size, both allow you to customize but also have common industry standards for both NTSC and PAL.
As for storyboards, Illustrator and Photoshop work fine or if you like to spend money there are a few programs out there that will build them for you. I believe there is a script writting program that will create storyboards for you. There is a program, I forget the name, which allows you to actually create VERY basic 3D animatic stills.
Cheers

BigJay
12-17-2004, 10:21 PM
http://6sys.com/Springboard/

some decent software for doing your storyboard with. it works and saves with just a small watermark on exported images durign the trial period so you can use it until you purchase it.

You need to use a wacom with it for the best results.

BTW you can make animatics easily out of this software so it is a cool little app for $30.

For regular print out storyboard I just use any software make a box that is 16x9(doesn't matter if it is inches, centimeters or miles) then scale it to fit the paper. I put 3 frames per page and leave it completely empty of anything else. I may put a page # space and a project name line on it but this is used to quickly layout the story and shots and notes and dialogue is written in the spaces around the image. This is the quickest way I found to work. For animatics I just scan in the boxes

Panos
12-18-2004, 04:56 PM
If you like, I can send you PDF file with a storyboard template on your e-mail address.

Itís a TV storyboard template. May be useful for you.

tayete
12-19-2004, 07:36 PM
I am interested PANOS, thank you.

tayete@gmail.com

Locutus
12-22-2004, 05:43 PM
I'm interested as well.
locutus3d@gmail.com

Thanks.

c0unt_0
12-23-2004, 12:11 AM
If you don't mind I whould like that template too...

sebtatut@rougestudios.com

cheers

coCoKNIght
12-26-2004, 07:02 PM
This (http://www.fabianhernandez.ch/film/storyboard/fa/16zu9vorlage.psd) is the template I made and use, and here (http://www.fabianhernandez.ch/film/storyboard/)'s an example (WIP). Hope I could help.

qwatkins
01-05-2005, 09:15 PM
Here is one that I use. It is a vector in eps format so you can print it big if you want.

CoolDuck
01-05-2005, 09:30 PM
Hi, I also made my own storyboard paper, using Indesign.
Feel free to use it and/or edit it.
You can open it with Adobe InDesign 2 or 3.
There is also a pdf version.

kamsvag
01-10-2005, 12:12 PM
Hey all! I am not sure if this has been posted or not already but does anyone have any really good Storyboard templates? I am looking for some widescreen templates. Their seem to be a slew of 4x3 on the web but I have been unable to find a good one representing film aspect ratios. Anyone have any good files or links?

Thanks
DCHAD
Go to this link and you'll find not only the storyboard sheet but also the shotplanning sheet.

http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=194749

LiQuiD12
01-10-2005, 02:00 PM
Good post, very helpfull...

Thanks guys, ill make good use of this :thumbsup:

SteveIacopetti
01-10-2005, 04:27 PM
Nice shotplanning sheet kamsvag.
Thanks,

-Steve-

z900624
01-15-2005, 03:55 AM
nice and helpful

thank you!!:applause:

Fungusmonkey
01-15-2005, 07:18 PM
Here's a trick I use on my personal projects:

Create a 16:9 box (using aspect size), and add lines for text, audio cues, etc. underneath

Copy (and scale if necessary) until you have the page filled

Select the areas inside the boxes and create a new layer

Fill the selected area on the new layer with whatever color (white usually)

Click Preserve Transparency on the new layer, and Draw

Now you can draw on the top layer and you'll never have to worry about drawing past the boundaries of the boxes. When you're done, hit save or print or whatever and repeat the last 3 steps for a new set of frames. (or just save a snapshot of the original and revert back to it in your history)

I usually print them out, cut them out, and then post them on a huge bulletin board in my office, so that I can arrange and change as I see fit. If you'd rather do all that on the computer, you can always write a photoshop action to select each frame from your image and save them out sequentially, and then you can take them into ImageReady, Premiere, Movie Maker, whatever prog you want.

CGTalk Moderation
01-20-2006, 05:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.