PDA

View Full Version : What programs?

Coolrider64n
12-16-2004, 12:16 AM
What programs are there for film making? I know theres cinema 4D and I think max 3D does as well. Are there any others?

OvidsMuse
12-16-2004, 12:24 AM
I'm using Softimage XSI and I love the freedom of it. Works very well with Adobe After Effects and Premier.

claybub
12-16-2004, 03:19 AM
any programs that have a forum on the main cgtalk site will be appropriate.

kamsvag
12-16-2004, 09:40 AM
What programs are there for film making? I know theres cinema 4D and I think max 3D does as well. Are there any others?
You got a bunch of softwares for 3D modelling, Max, Maya, XSI, Cinema 4D, Lightwave, Mirai and Mirage to mention afew. Then you might like a tool like Adobe Aftereffects or Discreet Combustion for color corection or compositing tasks. You might wanna use Adobe Premiere or some other software for editing. You'll also need a sound editing software, such as Sound Forge.

As you see there's quite afew programs you could use. It also depends on what kind of film you intend to make.

Cheers!

Boone
12-25-2004, 10:55 PM
Any 3D software that has a camera object! :rolleyes:

Magallanes
12-27-2004, 12:53 PM
Cinema 4d or max are for animation, not for films. For films you can find Adobe Premiere, Vegas Studio..

bov
12-28-2004, 09:29 AM
I took advantage of Softimage's recent offer and bought XSI Foundation. I'm hoping that I'm now equipped to produce some impressive animation in the future. If price and quality is an issue with you then you may find XSI of interest.

greyface
12-28-2004, 02:23 PM
You'll need A 3D animation package to create content, I'd suggest Softimage XSI, but you can also try Maya.

A 2D creation software - Adobe Photoshop

A Compositing program probably, like Adobe After Effects

An Editing program like Adobe Premiere

Apple computers are the best for Video editing and compositing though, if you go that route, you should get Final Cut Pro and Shake. You should do the 3D on PC though.

CGTalk Moderation
01-20-2006, 04:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.