PDA

View Full Version : homepage links directory

thesuit
12-15-2004, 08:03 PM
There are many people that link to their websites or their companies website. I find that this links are a valuable resource of this forum both for the artist posting it and for the employer looking for them.

I think it would be very useful to have some extra place in the User CP to collect extra data from the homepage the user wishes to officially link. For example the name of the website, the URL and an extreamly brief (maybe two lines or a max character should be placed as limit) description of what you will find on the website and finally a category to chose from and a ranking method.
Then sort them out in a list like a forum you cant reply to but only search using the categorie tool and the ranking per category or in global.
I dont know maybe it could work with a bit of extra effort from you guys running CGTalk and it would defenitely be a + never seen in other forums. Plus very useful for us employers.

Anyone else care to add something... cause I know my idea is not perfect yet. Maybe a thumbnail pic of the website?

CGTalk Moderation
01-20-2006, 05:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.